Predator Homeworld

Started by CelticP, Sep 10, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Author
Predator Homeworld (Read 48,111 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I really hope that if we are seeing the predator homeworld that there is a cameo of a Predator female, would be pretty intresting.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

how could we tell it was one...

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Boobs!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It's pretty cool that the pred planet will be shown, but that means that my vision of their homeworld might be shot down.  :(

ChAoS

ChAoS

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Sep 11, 2007, 01:29:57 AM
Boobs!

might have 4 boobs..  who cares neway!

enough about pred boobs.
I must agree about it being hard to do a pred3 film.. there has been quite alot of story told.. if one was done it would have to be a past setting.. cuz its the only thing different.i cant see a pred these days without seeing an alien near it.

Daweism

Daweism

Quote from: Aeus on Sep 10, 2007, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 10, 2007, 09:48:45 PM
Could just be wherever the ship is coming from. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's the Pred planet.

I hope this does actually happen. Seeing the Wolf returing to his ship from a hunt on a distant world to receive the distress call.

I can see it now:

Wolf: Why do you need me?
Celtic: 'Cause some damn fool accused you of being the best!
Wolf: Celtic! You son of a bitch!

LMAO

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: Aeus on Sep 10, 2007, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: CelticP on Sep 10, 2007, 10:22:56 PM
Meh, I wouldnt have an issue seeing PredPlanet.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

I think just seeing a ship come to earth and leave an Alien in the jungle killing folks works. Why fix something that ain't broke?

The reason it worked is because the audiance is just as clueless as to the idenitity of this assailant as the Solidiers are. Seeing there homeworld takes this, shits on it, and throws it out of the f**king window.

The mystery = gone.

awww...are the pred fans upset that an insy-winsy bit of mystery to their favourite character is ruined? AT LEAST HES NOT SITTING ON TOP OF A F**KING CHEVY! (im using your comment as an example, am not implying youre a pred fanboy) but now pred fans know how we alien fans have felt since A:R.

So when people say to me "the aliens on a car...whats wrong with that?" "its set on earth...deal with it" what Im gonna say is that I think seeing the predplanet is a COOL IDEA so QUIT YOUR WHINGING.

hopefully its as close to the aztecs as possible...oh yeah..im up for seeing some pred loincloth and predfemale boobies!

jimmylace

jimmylace

in all seriousness though, excluding some rare talent (e.g scott or cameron returning) these creatures are past their sell-by date...which is why they've been paired up.

the only thing they can do is to show us more about them, because theyre not the effective horror tools they once were. we know what they look like....theyre characters that many of us root for....to see glimpses of them now just isnt enough. weve got to see a predator blast an aliens head and for its acid to melt a teenagers face to even enjoy them anymore. its the whole freddy kruger thing all over again.

Alien 5...Predator 3....these are movies which will probably never happen. its likely that this...or avp3 will be the last time we see these creatures on the screen.

the glory days are over. :(

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Fox has been making these movies since 1979, 28 years of films with Aliens and Predators, I doubt this will be the last one, if they wanted to stop they would have stopped with Alien 3.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

You mean 28 years with alien, 20 years with predator  :P

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Sep 11, 2007, 03:24:21 AM
You mean 28 years with alien, 20 years with predator  :P
Yea, I meant 28 years of having both, either an Alien film or Predator film.

Tun

Tun

I hope they don't really claim it to be the 'home' planet. I don't mind if they show a scene with the wolf on some random planet. That could work to set up the idea of him being contacted and sent to earth.
But personally I don't want to see anything close to a base planet with establishments. Like it's been mentioned, I think it will kill some of the mystery behind them. I always liked the idea of seeing just 1 pred or a Small group at the most (pred 2).  solitary hunters.

This is me, but I just don't want to know where they come from or what they do when they're not hunting.

Caledonia

Caledonia

Part of me feels like saying hell no, but curiosity has the better of me. I agree with many people in this thread that Predator and Alien are not horror creatures anymore and are in need of more development in terms of history or background. I think the fans deserve that and I'm glad someone is bold enough to say I'm making history here.

What I want is for them to show a Predator Homeworld that is dense, humid, green with jungle/forest with mountainous swamp terrain. I want to see tribal lifestyle and Predator rituals (if they have to). I don't wanna see a technological world like Coruscant in Star Wars. A world free of possessions, comforts and modern society. The less they show the better in my opinion. Let's add more but still keep a degree of mystery.

I hope the bros pull this off well and I have confidence in it.

Xerxész

Xerxész

More and more stuff are getting to be spoiled... I have started to worry...

Caledonia

Caledonia

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 11, 2007, 07:14:46 AM
More and more stuff are getting to be spoiled... I have started to worry...

It'd be too hard to generate new interest to fans and new audience if nothing new was given. Having the same thing over and over without any expansion just gets to repetitive and dare I say boring.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed