Predator Homeworld

Started by CelticP, Sep 10, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Author
Predator Homeworld (Read 48,107 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

No, the aliens won't get more screen time. Whenever you have Aliens and Predators together, the Predator will get more screen time. That creature is the more human of the 2, so we relate to him more. Colin said we are going to follow him around a bit anyway. However, the Aliens will be the bigger threat to the humans I think.

James OCanis

James OCanis

But of course it's going to feel like a Predator movie with xenos added. It takes place on Earth in the modern day among human settlements. That's a Predator setting.

If we instead set this movie in the future with the colonial marines and such, it would feel like Aliens: Plus a Predator.

Horhey

Horhey

The planet's environment will probobly be similar to the inside of the the Predator ship in P2. I wouldnt mind seeing that.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Seems that this movie will have lots of surprises.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Sep 10, 2007, 11:48:56 PM

But will any of them have anything to do with the aliens or anything else, so far its been predator this and that, don't get me wrong I like the predators as much as aliens but were is the balance?

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: James OCanis on Sep 10, 2007, 11:45:46 PM
But of course it's going to feel like a Predator movie with xenos added. It takes place on Earth in the modern day among human settlements. That's a Predator setting.

If we instead set this movie in the future with the colonial marines and such, it would feel like Aliens: Plus a Predator.
Most people want to see colonial marines and a space setting but then it would Alien 5 and some Predators, even the Aliens vs. Predator games for the PC were the movie Aliens with Predators, I'm not saying its bad its a super good game but thats what it was.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Sep 10, 2007, 11:50:36 PM

But will any of them have anything to do with the aliens or anything else, so far its been predator this and that, don't get me wrong I like the predators as much as aliens but were is the balance?

Yes you are right...im both creatures fan, and i want balance, but i dont see balance yet...maybe the Wolf uses his medikit a lot lol  :P

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

maybe the Wolf uses his medikit a lot lol  :P

That I want to see, I enjoy those scenes, they always have new toys to heal themselves with  :)

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

following him doesn't mean he will be in the movie more, the aliens are there first for one they are the bigger threat they are infesting a town for crying out loud they wil defantly get alot of screen time
Aliens checklist: cause crash, land, spread, get hosts, kill people, fight miltary, fight Wolf, Predalien, hive
Predator checklist: kill aliens, some humans, kill predalien, kill people in his way, skin some guy

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I think the reason people want AVP to be in the future is because:

1) We don't want to see Aliens on present day earth

2) Future space would be a new setting to see the Predator in

It just melds the 2 worlds together better than the present day angle does. But that's all were getting.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Aliens do kill more people so they get good enough screen time.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Its all about execution

bad and uninteresting, even cliched ideas can seems very amazing, cool, imaginative, and original if executed properly.

I seriously doubt we will be seeing what most of you fear, like a socail predator society, with jobs, and what not, predators socializing, walking amongst huge cities, and etc.

if anything, it will have ancient structures on it, akin to the look of the P2 ship, we won't see predators strutting around, entering their houses or anything like that, that would be too proposterous.

if anything, the planet is very jungle-y, and humid, very hot, and there are some P2 esque building structures, but no houses, predators are like nomads, they probably live in their own ship.

I don't want it to be like futuristic sci-fi, I want it to feel very primitive, but still have the ancient feeling, although advanced, technology of the predators integrated in.

I have a feeling it won't be pulled off terribly, it could work really well.

its all about execution.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 10, 2007, 11:56:26 PM
I think the reason people want AVP to be in the future is because:

1) We don't want to see Aliens on present day earth

2) Future space would be a new setting to see the Predator in

It just melds the 2 worlds together better than the present day angle does. But that's all were getting.
well i've said this before...i'm happy AVP 1&2 are on Earth because when AVP 3 is in space like the Bros hope it'll be really great and if we had started in space we probally would never get one on Earth at all

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

2 on earth for the Predator, next movies hopefully in space for Aliens.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Pred-Wolf on Sep 11, 2007, 12:01:28 AM
2 on earth for the Predator, next movies hopefully in space for Aliens.
perfectly fair and a good way to balance

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed