Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 622,189 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

New Screenplay Archaeology episode, on The Lost Boys: The Beginning, is now up.

Kradan

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/YIftf6S3hvI

It's so refreshing for once hear that the infamous shower scene is the best creature scene in Covenant

... and that David/Walter twist is not really a twist but just a plot point

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 17, 2020, 10:43:05 AM

If that was true, why hide it from the audience?

I see a poorly executed twist.

XSlayer300

XSlayer300

As a new user, how are you guys?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 18, 2020, 01:37:18 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/cf75cc521ea7d60dde229ccb7e31c370/tenor.gif

Was it really hidden though ?  :D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 18, 2020, 01:53:18 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 18, 2020, 01:37:18 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/cf75cc521ea7d60dde229ccb7e31c370/tenor.gif

Was it really hidden though ?  :D

Well we didn't see the killshot, arm cutting, but... ultimately? No it wasn't.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Honestly, I don't have an issue with the shower scene. It's not like they jumped in there knowing that there was a deadly alien on board the ship.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, no issue with the shower scene on my end either. Or the Walter/David stuff.

My biggest problem with Covenant, really, is there being two Aliens in the third act, with the second one just quickly replacing the first. I would have rather had just seen Oram's Alien survive the encounter with the construction material and somehow slip on board the Covenant, rather than have a second one come out of Lope.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2020, 02:53:37 PMI would have rather had just seen Oram's Alien survive the encounter with the construction material and somehow slip on board the Covenant, rather than have a second one come out of Lope.

I would take all of that plus a fight against a Neo .

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 18, 2020, 03:02:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2020, 02:53:37 PMI would have rather had just seen Oram's Alien survive the encounter with the construction material and somehow slip on board the Covenant, rather than have a second one come out of Lope.

I would take all of that plus a fight against a Neo .

ADF's novelization had a very brief encounter between the two. I belive that was from the script and not just one of Foster's random additions, like the stuff he tacked onto the David revelation.

Huggs

Huggs

The problems started when it turned into the David show. Way too much time was spent on David just talking and showing, and the movie just nosedived from there. It felt like a deleted scene compilation until the final act, which itself was just...utterly disappointing.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2020, 02:53:37 PM
Yeah, no issue with the shower scene on my end either. Or the Walter/David stuff.

My biggest problem with Covenant, really, is there being two Aliens in the third act, with the second one just quickly replacing the first. I would have rather had just seen Oram's Alien survive the encounter with the construction material and somehow slip on board the Covenant, rather than have a second one come out of Lope.

I don't have any proof but I think the fact that Neos and Xenos in Covenant came in couples (just like crew members, realised while typing) is allusion of Noah's story

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 18, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2020, 02:53:37 PM

I don't have any proof but I think the fact that Neos and Xenos in Covenant came in couples (just like crew members, realised while typing) is allusion of Noah's story

I could definitely buy that, but then, in that case, I would have liked to have seen the two Aliens on screen together at some point.

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2020, 03:35:59 PM
The problems started when it turned into the David show. Way too much time was spent on David just talking and showing, and the movie just nosedived from there. It felt like a deleted scene compilation until the final act, which itself was just...utterly disappointing.

On the contrary, for me, the David stuff in the middle of the film is my absolute favorite material in the movie.

Huggs

Huggs

It just slowed things down too much and dragged on far too long for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed