Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 633,753 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Saved a rabbit. He's busted up pretty good, but he's hanging in there. Got his wounds all cleaned and fed him. Hope he makes it.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

5 Stars for your kindness. Hope he makes it too.

Huggs

Huggs

Unfortunately, he passed within the last hour. I'm afraid his wounds were just too extensive. Bless his heart.

If nothing else, he was able to pass in his sleep, in a comfortable environment, and he had somebody there with him.

Kradan

Kradan

:'(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Now get Wedge to cook it for you.

Huggs

Huggs

"This is dead...DEAD"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Desperately trying to resist the urge to buy back into Magic the Gathering.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2020, 09:48:49 AM

It beckons you...

Huggs

Huggs

Just laying down and enjoying the view.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2020, 09:48:49 AM

I got into it about a year ago and have been loving it. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I played it as a kid. Then I tried to get back into it 6 years or so back, but got continually spanked. I played a year of Friday Night Magic's and I think I won one match the entire time. I just wouldn't play to the meta and couldn't get a good control deck built. Don't want to sink a load of cash into it again if it's going to be a repeat.  :laugh: I don't mind losing, I hate getting continually, embarrassingly spanked.

Can you recommend any MtG YouTubers?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

When you say youtubers, do you mean people that play the game? Or something that's more informative about the game? I don't watch a lot of gameplay stuff, but the channel Tolarian Community College was super helpful for me starting out, learning the different products and how to navigate them, what products are worth my money, etc.

It has gotten to the point now where I basically just split the cost of a booster box with a friend and we each take half the packs, each time a set releases. Cheaper than buying a bunch of separate packs and it is a good way to learn each set and have a good stack of cards without dropping too much money.

MTG: Arena is also worth looking into on PC/Mac. The game is free to play and there are absolutely pay to win aspects, but you can be fairly competitive without putting a cent into it (I haven't spent real money at all) and it is a great way to learn new cards and gameplay mechanics.

Also, something I just started getting into... check out the "Commander" format. It uses 100 card decks lead by a single legendary creature or planeswalker. That legendary card, your commander, dictates what card colors can go into your deck. There are some variations on the rules in that format (40 life instead of twenty, no duplicate cards allowed, cards dating back to the very first set are valid, etc.) and it seems to be much less focused on whatever the current meta is to win. I think I'm starting to like the Commander format more than Standard.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 14, 2020, 11:05:13 AM
When you say youtubers, do you mean people that play the game? Or something that's more informative about the game? I don't watch a lot of gameplay stuff, but the channel Tolarian Community College was super helpful for me starting out, learning the different products and how to navigate them, what products are worth my money, etc.

I was thinking gameplay stuff, yeah. I've watched some Pokemon players in the past, and I really like the ones where the guy talks through his decisions and why he's making certain plays. Looking for that kind of stuff. But I'll give the Community College a look at. Thanks!

QuoteMTG: Arena is also worth looking into on PC/Mac. The game is free to play and there are absolutely pay to win aspects, but you can be fairly competitive without putting a cent into it (I haven't spent real money at all) and it is a great way to learn new cards and gameplay mechanics.

I DLed Arena. Not been on it too much. Did the first little campaign thing where you beat the guy who beat you up. But then I played a couple of games against an old buddy and he spanked the shit out of me. Not been on since.  :laugh:

QuoteAlso, something I just started getting into... check out the "Commander" format. It uses 100 card decks lead by a single legendary creature or planeswalker. That legendary card, your commander, dictates what card colors can go into your deck. There are some variations on the rules in that format (40 life instead of twenty, no duplicate cards allowed, cards dating back to the very first set are valid, etc.) and it seems to be much less focused on whatever the current meta is to win. I think I'm starting to like the Commander format more than Standard.

I've never given Commander a try. Just felt like it'd be more difficult because of the no duplicates. Is rotation still 6 months?

So...what I remember and worry me.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've basically only been playing recreationally with some friends, so I'm a bit fuzzy on some of the proper in-store mechanics myself.

I did go to a pre-release night at a shop, though, and had a lot of fun with that. I think sealed events like pre-releases, drafts, etc. are a lot of fun in that kind of environment because it puts everybody on basically the same playing field. Everyone has access to new packs and isn't limited by how much they have to sink into whatever is competitive right now, and it forces you to get a bit more creative with how you play.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, the mrs and I go to the Pokemon TCG pre-release for the exact same reasons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed