Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 622,249 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I saw "cornbread crisps" in the grocery store.

No, I didn't buy any. 😒

Huggs

Huggs

It sucks when you're watching a movie and during the fight scenes you can clearly see punches and kicks that don't land.

I mean seriously, catch that stuff in editing for goodness sake.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Do you mean DKR? Because the fight choreography in that is a glorious trashfire.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 25, 2019, 06:43:58 AM
It sucks when you're watching a movie and during the fight scenes you can clearly see punches and kicks that don't land.

You cleary have no understanding of cinema. Star Wars or not, it's called using the Force!!!

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 25, 2019, 11:48:49 AM

You cleary have no understanding of cinema. Star Wars or not, it's called using the Force!!!

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/4d7db628-15bb-42a6-8431-5b9b71431c07/zoom-crop/width/525/height/525

Boba Fett in the background. :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 25, 2019, 11:51:23 AM
Boba Fett in the background. :laugh:

A fitting demise to the Prince of Powder. 

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 25, 2019, 07:55:08 AM
Do you mean DK/R? Because the fight choreography in that is a glorious trashfire.

All Christopher Nolan Batman fights are awful.

Huggs

Huggs

Excited to watch Harvest and Alone tonight.

To be immediately followed by a viewing of the Alien Anthology.

I haven't watched any of the blurays other than Alien 3 more than once since I bought it long ago.

I'm looking forward to seeing them all in high definition again.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 26, 2019, 03:05:52 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 25, 2019, 07:55:08 AM
Do you mean DK/R? Because the fight choreography in that is a glorious trashfire.

All Christopher Nolan Batman fights are awful.

True, but they're bigger and more blatantly terrible in the 3rd one.

The Old One

The Old One

True.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/4d7db628-15bb-42a6-8431-5b9b71431c07/zoom-crop/width/525/height/525

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 27, 2019, 06:52:41 AM

That one always gets a pass because it's legendary.

Its so far off the mark, it's darn near around the block.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Last night, I found out I won Project: Acheron's fanfiction contest. I also found out I was one of only two entries.

Right now, I'm waiting for links to be posted regarding feedback. I'm blown away that I won, and I want to find out why because the other entry was a lot better than mine.

Update: received feedback from Lady Anne (I don't know her personally, but I know she's high-ranking among Acheron and Alien Theory's Patreons), added to description of the results video on Acheron's channel.

Spoiler
Quote"Boreal Nightmare is the winner. The author captured the eccentricities and overall characteristics of each of these very well known USCM's which in itself is a very hard nut to crack let alone taking on Drake as the main character! I loved the little creatures they encountered along with the foreshadowing of what had taken place there - I'm betting the synthetic they saw attacked and ripped apart in the art on the walls in the tunnels was David! The author had great structural integrity from beginning to end of the story. Everything fit into place perfectly, there was the proper amount of tension with a bit of levity to lighten up the darker scenes. I was very impressed! Plus 6 whole chapters! And left me wanting more!"
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Congrats!  ;D What were the goodies?

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2019, 05:14:30 PM
Congrats!  ;D What were the goodies?

A copy of Cold Forge. I also got entered in a separate drawing where I have the chance to win the King Alien statue and some NECA figures.

Honestly, I'm hoping to get the figures. It's Burke, Ops Vasquez, and Ripley.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed