Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,450 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 12:32:31 AM
I'd say go to the hospital except you're in the states, if I remember right.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I mean, if you have either a huge bill or it f**ks with your insurance claims bonus, you need to really think about how bad something is before escalating to that level, surely. And Murricans have notoriously expensive healthcare.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 02:41:01 AM
I mean, if you have either a huge bill or it f**ks with your insurance claims bonus, you need to really think about how bad something is before escalating to that level, surely. And Murricans have notoriously expensive healthcare.

Insurance claims bonus? Errr, I live in the U.S., been part of the healthcare system for a long time under multiple insurance providers and honestly  have no idea what you are talking about. I would surmise it's not an aspect of U.S. Heathcare my friend. Auto insurance maybe?

Samhain13

Samhain13

And Murricans have notoriously expensive healthcare.

Any north americans here can confirm that?

Oh Voodoo is too fast.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 09, 2019, 02:58:56 AM
And Murricans have notoriously expensive healthcare.

Any north americans here can confirm that?

I'm North American and can say yes and no. I've had notoriously cheap healthcare working at a large corporation with hundreds of employees, and expensive healthcare working at small businesses with less than 20 employees. It's all about the benefits of the company you're employed with, the number of employees enrolled, the quality of the plan and said company's contribution benefits.

When job shopping here, you not only look for employment with the greatest salary, but the best heathcare plans and benefits package as well. You factor it all in when deciding to accept a job.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Probably the wrong phrase. Either way, I always hear horror stories about someones premium getting pushed up because of some accident or injury, and if you don't have the insurance it becomes a scary situation fast.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 03:38:48 AM
Probably the wrong phrase. Either way, I always hear horror stories about someones premium getting pushed up because of some accident or injury, and if you don't have the insurance it becomes a scary situation fast.

Car insurance definitely. You get a speeding ticket. Cause an accident. Your insurance premiums jump way up. Your premiums are based on how much of a "safe driver" you are.

Heath insurance I don't believe so. I don't think it would be even legal to push up one's premium if one developed a chronic health problem.

And hospitals do have to accept you for emergency care even if you're not insured. It's the law of the land.   :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

And pay through the nose, though.

Huggs

Huggs

Took two doses of Aleve and had a nap.

Feel 40% better already.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I saw puke on the sidewalk.

Looked like carrots and cornbread.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

On a happier note, I found what looked like carrots and cornbread soup on the sidewalk.

It was quite delicious!

Huggs

Huggs

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with downloading the audible dramas from Amazon?

I still haven't listened to the last alien one they released, but I'm not about to buy it if I have to stay logged into the Internet to listen to it, or it is not a portable file. I prefer to keep all of my music and audiobooks on my MP3 player. If I can't legally download and transfer it there after paying for it, I guess I'm just going to have to skip it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You download it and play it via the App.

Huggs

Huggs

So it's raining outside, and I had to pee.

The increased force of the urine stream coincided perfectly with an increase in the severity of the rainfall. For a moment, it was as if the forces of nature itself were at my disposal. It was a strange, yet godly experience.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So many Huggs posts about his piss experiences.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed