OmegaZilla

Happy New Year, people :)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Raku

Raku

Gonna do two posts in one here...

1) Happy New Year everyone, I can't believe it's 2015 already.

2) I was so bored this mid-season break I finally got around to checking out two shows I've been avoiding. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, and Gothem.

MAoS I loved, but it's a shame they don't air new episodes till March. I'm excited for the inhumans storyline, which makes me more stoked on that film. Also I find what Marvel/Disney's doing to be cool. I know there are tons of people out there that dislike this show, but I hope it continues to succeed to help push Disney/Marvel's plan forward with their connected MCU.

Gotham I'm a fan, and not a fan of this show. What I like is the overall story which is cool. A good cop comes into a new area that is heavily corrupted, and has to deal. Great show with the story so far, and I can see why people love it. Especially if you ignore the problems I had initially (and still do). This show is a comic book show. Now normally I love comic book shows, but I still can't get around the premise. Where the show takes place before Batman, and I still have the stance of "If I am watching a show called 'Gotham' I still want to see a Batman, or at least a member of the Bat-family kicking ass and taking names."

That being said, I'll be adding these shows to my 'currently watching' Tv Show list (don't actually have a list, but you know what I mean).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Finally caught up with The Strain, and despite some structure/pacing issues and the occasional dumb moment I really liked it. The look of the Master improved immensely as the show continued, and all of the other vamps looked excellent from the start. I love how into the vampire biology and mythology the show is.

Any of you guys caught up? OZ, I definitely recommend you check this out eventually. I know you love Blade II's Reapers, and I think you'll have a lot of fun with the variations on that concept in this show. A lot of the sequences in the subway stations remind me of Mimic, too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

This is one of them shows I really want to see. Short on time, though :-/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Got ya, got ya. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, whenever you do get to see it. :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Guys, is there anyone of you who knows spanish? I need help with translating just ONE sentence to spanish but I need it properly done because its for very special occasion and that's why I can't use google translator which can translate it wrong more or less. I would be grateful if someone help me out, its just one sentence so if you know spanish it will take you 1 sec to translate it from english to spanish.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 03, 2015, 04:08:16 PM
Finally caught up with The Strain, and despite some structure/pacing issues and the occasional dumb moment I really liked it. The look of the Master improved immensely as the show continued, and all of the other vamps looked excellent from the start. I love how into the vampire biology and mythology the show is.

Any of you guys caught up? OZ, I definitely recommend you check this out eventually. I know you love Blade II's Reapers, and I think you'll have a lot of fun with the variations on that concept in this show. A lot of the sequences in the subway stations remind me of Mimic, too.

Yeah, it was a show that had hit or miss segments in a few episodes. Once things get rolling though it's really great. That episode where they were trapped in the gas station has to be my favorite one. The creature designs were awesome, a lot different then typical vampire projects. I'm really looking forward to season 2.

Sozin

Sozin

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 01, 2015, 04:14:03 AM
Sozin I am getting tired of your bullshit.dfk ajdfklafsmgvl;dskg
pklf
alb
lc
;vav;a
;d

fvbfd

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 04, 2015, 08:43:44 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 03, 2015, 04:08:16 PM

Yeah, it was a show that had hit or miss segments in a few episodes. Once things get rolling though it's really great. That episode where they were trapped in the gas station has to be my favorite one. The creature designs were awesome, a lot different then typical vampire projects. I'm really looking forward to season 2.

Yup, episode 8 was definitely the best overall.

And I cannot wait to see more of
Spoiler
Quinlan and the Ancients. Especially with Doug Jones playing one of the Ancients.

The Quinlan reveal was probably the show's biggest "wow" moment.
[close]

Sozin

Sozin

Quinlan's the man. 8)

Did you get around to reading the novels? I think First Blood did.

MudButt

MudButt

I agree, that reveal was crazy. I really like the human characters also, Stoll and Durand did very good with their characters.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't read them yet. I have so much on my plate to read at the moment, but they are definitely on my to-read list for very soon. Finishing up the show got me in the mood to really give them a go.

Setrakin and Fet are definitely the show's best human characters, in my opinion.

I'm just upset at the lack of any real bonus features on the Blu-ray. Would have loved to see an extensive making of doc on vamps and a commentary by del Toro, Cuse, and Hogan on at least the pilot.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 04, 2015, 06:58:21 AM
Guys, is there anyone of you who knows spanish? I need help with translating just ONE sentence to spanish but I need it properly done because its for very special occasion and that's why I can't use google translator which can translate it wrong more or less. I would be grateful if someone help me out, its just one sentence so if you know spanish it will take you 1 sec to translate it from english to spanish.

Ask Ikarop, mate. He is Spanish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed