Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,764 times)

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: King Rathalos on Dec 16, 2014, 08:27:16 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Dec 16, 2014, 06:23:50 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Dec 16, 2014, 05:41:58 AM
My advice would be to get Destiny after all the DLC is done and whatever problems it has mostly worked out. There's a foundation of a truly good game in Destiny, just not much else at the moment.

As far as I'm concerned a game that is not centred around story or at least doesn't have a strong campaign (Halo 3) is worth less than dirt to me.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10850888_588845647913478_506629240_n.jpg?oh=66dad837cda2d971fa3209f3f44e2eca&oe=549363B4&__gda__=1418922859_24fd0dfc7d68882dad8ab59bbc7985c9

But Halo 3's campaign is garbage compared to Halo 2, and why would I look for story in a video game, all video games have terrible stories???

I hope you're not being serious, yes 2's is better but 3's is strong. Also have you never played The Witcher series, Spec Ops: The Line, Deus Ex:HR, Splinter Cell: Double Agent or Dead Space 2? All games with fantastic stories

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

All of those have terrible stories by default due to being video games. There is only one game with a truly great story and that is Shrek 2 for the Xbox original.

Sabby

Sabby

I've met MGS fans in the past who try to defend that series writing with "Meh, all games have shitty writing, so it's okay"

...Oh, wait, I read the rest of your comment. You Troll xD

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

In all honesty I really could care less if a game has a shit story that ain't why I'm playing video games in the first place. Good stories in a video game to me are like frosting on a cake. Sweet, but it ain't the most important part. I'm the f**khead that plays Dark Souls and that shit has a practically nonexistent story until like 2/3 of the way through unless you're really looking at every item description or you looked up everything online.

Sabby

Sabby

Narrative is one thing, context is another. I like to know what my goal is and why I'm fighting.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

In anticipation for Alien: Isolation I'm doing an Alien marathon today, watching Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Enjoy it! It's been ages since I've just done a marathon of the films.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I watched Alien (original), Aliens (special edition) and Alien 3 (original). I didn't get to Alien Resurrection but I'll probably watch that today.

I picked original Alien 3 because I've only seen it once or twice (first version I saw) yet have seen the special edition one dozens of times. I kinda forgot how different the original one was because I'm so used to the special edition, I knew it would have the other host but there were differences beyond that such as the entire crash landing part (in which case I forgot about Newt's more horrific flooded tube scene for starters), and the movie generally felt faster paced and because I'm used to the special edition it felt like parts were outright skipped and certain events ended differently.

I now feel like before I move to Resurrection today I have to go back and watch the special edition of Alien 3 first (maybe).

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've been on GIMP 2.8 this morning with 2 projects in mind. With one of them I'm challenging myself with stuff that's new to me (potential set?), with the other it's a nice surprise.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 18, 2014, 10:32:20 AM
I picked original Alien 3 because I've only seen it once or twice (first version I saw) yet have seen the special edition one dozens of times. I kinda forgot how different the original one was because I'm so used to the special edition, I knew it would have the other host but there were differences beyond that such as the entire crash landing part (in which case I forgot about Newt's more horrific flooded tube scene for starters), and the movie generally felt faster paced and because I'm used to the special edition it felt like parts were outright skipped and certain events ended differently.

I always thought the best cut lay between the two. I prefer the dog birth over the ox as the ox lacks any emotional resonance, IMHO. I always kind of preferred the TE ending where the Queen emerges but I completely understand the viewpoint towards the AC ending where the sacrifice is more impactful.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So I made this a thing, made it my wallpaper for now to see how I feel about it over time.

Spoiler

I thought "why not, I'm a fan of both and I'm in a GIMP 2.8 mood" and in the process learned some new stuff. I don't feel 100% about it right now but I think maybe I'm just being a little too hard on myself that's all, I'm still happy with it. I noticed there was more light on Ripley's face on the original pic but with AJ I decided to darken the more opaque areas that would of shown brighter light to make AJ herself more in line with the FiM aesthetic, while at the same time trying to maintain the details of the helmet. Thoughts? P.S this isn't the surprise I mentioned.
[close]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2014, 01:10:55 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 18, 2014, 10:32:20 AM

I always thought the best cut lay between the two. I prefer the dog birth over the ox as the ox lacks any emotional resonance, IMHO. I always kind of preferred the TE ending where the Queen emerges but I completely understand the viewpoint towards the AC ending where the sacrifice is more impactful.

I have a preference for the special edition, but I do feel like a take on Alien 3 with a mixture of both versions would be an interesting watch. Heck in the special edition before the guy gets killed by the big fan he's mentioning the name Spikey (the dog), yet in the special edition there is no appearance of a dog whatsoever so if you're seeing Alien 3 for the first time as the special edition you're probably wondering "Who's Spikey?" What I like about the special edition is how more in depth it is in areas such as the character Golic and how it expands on his insanity. I can also sense the tears of those stubborn "Bishop II is an android" people when after Bishop II gets whacked on the head he outright yells out "I'M NOT A DROID!"

Sozin

Sozin

That's pretty neat, Rich. :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Thanks.  ;D

Mormegil

Mormegil

Miss you and love you, Rich.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Today I have begun my watch of Kamen Rider Super-1, the final entry in the franchise (not counting Drive which is currently airing) for me to watch before I will have seen it all. This moment will be big for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed