What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 614,568 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2024, 08:58:53 AMLooks like I'm going through the TUPE process yet again, or being made redundant. Wonderful start to the day.

You've got quite a large following on X/Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Enough to monetize. You also have the experience and contacts to take on freelance journalism jobs.

Not sure if all that would generate enough income for you, but maybe it's time to start thinking about going professional with your hobby?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2024, 08:58:53 AMLooks like I'm going through the TUPE process yet again, or being made redundant. Wonderful start to the day.

Good luck with it all. Being told you are redundant without any prior knowledge isn't nice (I know that from recent experience) but I can't imagine having to go through a drawn out process with a chance that might be the outcome. Sounds far more stressful.

Immortan Jonesy

@Corporal Hicks never abandon us! :'(🙏 so far...👀👉👈 Your dictatorship was, is, and will be a blast! <33

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I live in a pretty violent area. I hear and see a lot shit go down, and it's stressful but you kind of get jaded to it. Generally that violence is gang related, or a personal dispute, or even random, and you just learn to live with it. But sometimes it's very, very targeted, against children, or against the elderly, or against a vulnerable minority, and it just makes me want to throw up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 23, 2024, 11:02:37 AM

You've got quite a large following on X/Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Enough to monetize. You also have the experience and contacts to take on freelance journalism jobs.

Not sure if all that would generate enough income for you, but maybe it's time to start thinking about going professional with your hobby?

It's just not a realistic thing for me, unfortunately. We monetized YouTube. Now granted I don't churn them out, but it takes us 3 to 4 months to reach minimum payout.

I've still got a couple of weeks before I know anything solid, but from the sounds of it, I'll likely be offered a job elsewhere within the new companies I.T department, just likely not be here in the prison. Just got to roll with it, see what I get offered. See if my old company offers me anything elsewhere either. But I just don't think I'm going to get anything I want, but I'll have to take it. 

Quote from: Prez on May 23, 2024, 12:14:21 PM

Good luck with it all. Being told you are redundant without any prior knowledge isn't nice (I know that from recent experience) but I can't imagine having to go through a drawn out process with a chance that might be the outcome. Sounds far more stressful.

Thanks, Prez. Yeah, it's just frustrating and disappointing. Feels like this last year and a bit under this company has been nothing more than a giant waste of my time and effort.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 23, 2024, 05:32:13 PM@Corporal Hicks never abandon us! :'(🙏 so far...👀👉👈 Your dictatorship was, is, and will be a blast! <33

No, no, Jonesy. I'm talking about my day job. AvPG isn't my job.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 23, 2024, 09:09:41 PMI live in a pretty violent area. I hear and see a lot shit go down, and it's stressful but you kind of get jaded to it. Generally that violence is gang related, or a personal dispute, or even random, and you just learn to live with it. But sometimes it's very, very targeted, against children, or against the elderly, or against a vulnerable minority, and it just makes me want to throw up.
I used to live in a similar area here. I then moved to a different area that was exactly the same, but undergoing gentrification. It solves nothing.

I feel for you dude. Hope you're ok.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Really sorry to hear this Corporal. 😔 I hope you get your desired outcome; the job situation is indeed getting more difficult in the UK these days.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 09:51:21 AMI used to live in a similar area here. I then moved to a different area that was exactly the same, but undergoing gentrification. It solves nothing.

Thanks man. Honestly, I'm not really okay, it's not just what happened down the road a couple days ago either, I'm really near the end of working on this house and it'll go on the market very soon - but rather than feeling excited I'm just stretched too thin, exhausted yet in a constant state of anxiety induced activity at the same time, etc.

I'm moving in about a month and I really hope that starts to take the edge off before the cash comes through and I can finally move on with my life.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2024, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 09:51:21 AMI used to live in a similar area here. I then moved to a different area that was exactly the same, but undergoing gentrification. It solves nothing.

Thanks man. Honestly, I'm not really okay, it's not just what happened down the road a couple days ago either, I'm really near the end of working on this house and it'll go on the market very soon - but rather than feeling excited I'm just stretched too thin, exhausted yet in a constant state of anxiety induced activity at the same time, etc.

I'm moving in about a month and I really hope that starts to take the edge off before the cash comes through and I can finally move on with my life.

I wish you all very best mate.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 23, 2024, 09:09:41 PMI live in a pretty violent area. I hear and see a lot shit go down, and it's stressful but you kind of get jaded to it. Generally that violence is gang related, or a personal dispute, or even random, and you just learn to live with it. But sometimes it's very, very targeted, against children, or against the elderly, or against a vulnerable minority, and it just makes me want to throw up.
I understand you, I'm living in an horrible area to. In the last month were 4 shootings and the past week there were another, there's to many drugs gangs over here. Luckily, my wife and children go back to Argentina next week. I'm going back to Argentina in Agost (just before the premiere of Romulus)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Sounds even worse than here, luckily it's a tiny place so the really shocking stuff isn't quite weekly. Best wishes to you and yours on a safe return to Argentina.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 29, 2024, 01:49:01 AMSounds even worse than here, luckily it's a tiny place so the really shocking stuff isn't quite weekly. Best wishes to you and yours on a safe return to Argentina.
Thanks man, yes luckily we go back to Argentina. It's also hard being in another country, there's to many work here and the pay it's good but it doesn't worth it and even less if it's an ugly area of the city like this one. I hope your situation also gets better

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It will in about a month, I'm moving to a larger but not enormous town, closer to a major city. Then a while after that I'll get a payday that'll solve most of my problems and let me re-train in a new career.

aliens13

aliens13

My wife and daughter have already left Brazil to go to Argentina. I still have to stay here in Brazil for about 2 more months. I miss them already so much ☹️ the good news is that I will be at home for the premiere of Alien Romulus to go to the cinema with my wife

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed