What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 599,740 times)

SiL

SiL

Injured my finger Saturday, found out it was broken on Monday (snapped in half!), found out it'll need surgery today, getting surgery Saturday.

Woo.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 06, 2018, 11:53:08 AM
Injured my finger Saturday, found out it was broken on Monday (snapped in half!), found out it'll need surgery today, getting surgery Saturday.

Woo.

DAMN!

Huggs

Huggs

Dang, sorry to hear it happened and I hope you recover swiftly. Did you get the boogie out though? ;)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 06, 2018, 11:21:14 PM

Dang, sorry to hear it happened and I hope you recover swiftly. Did you get the boogie out though? ;)

I got the notification for this while at the grocery store. It was incredibly painful to not explode into laughter.

But now I'm home and I'm laughing hard.

So I saw a guy in the store that looked like a really short, really skinny Michael Biehn.

Don't worry, I didn't say anything. That's weird.

I just glanced at him and thought, "No, Biehn's much taller than that."

The funny part was that the woman he was with looked almost exactly like Biehn's wife.

Now, this didn't make me happy or unhappy, but it let me know that I need to go out and meet people.

SiL

SiL

Got called 40 minutes before I was due to get to the hospital to say I was being rescheduled to go in the afternoon. Got called 40 minutes before I was supposed to get back to the visual saying there'd been an emergency and I'd get called back this evening to reschedule. Have not been called back.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2018, 11:21:52 AM
Got called 40 minutes before I was due to get to the hospital to say I was being rescheduled to go in the afternoon. Got called 40 minutes before I was supposed to get back to the visual saying there'd been an emergency and I'd get called back this evening to reschedule. Have not been called back.

Well that sucks. It sounds like you're at the mercy of Corky's Medical Care. You might take a stroll over to the "worst advice" thread and ask about the best way to diy fix your broken booger hook. Tell em' I sent ya.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 08, 2018, 03:21:13 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

Well that sucks. It sounds like you're at the mercy of Corky's Medical Care. You might take a stroll over to the "worst advice" thread and ask about the best way to diy fix your broken booger hook. Tell em' I sent ya.

I've got some good ones for you, SiL. ;)

Booger hook. I thought Hudson was hilarious, but you've taken the damn cake.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 08, 2018, 04:49:17 PM

:D

"Booger Hook" is actually an old expression for the human finger. You hear it a lot within the firearms community. We use it to correct people who are not demonstrating proper safety techniques when handling weapons. "Keep your booger hook out of the trigger guard until you're aimed at the target and ready to fire". It basically means keep your finger away from the darn trigger while you're not paying attention, so that you don't hurt yourself or someone else. But I do love to use it as often as possible.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 08, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

"Booger Hook" is actually an old expression for the human finger. You hear it a lot within the firearms community. We use it to correct people who are not demonstrating proper safety techniques when handling weapons. "Keep your booger hook out of the trigger guard until you're aimed at the target and ready to fire". It basically means keep your finger away from the darn trigger while you're not paying attention, so that you don't hurt yourself or someone else. But I do love to use it as often as possible.

Learn something new every day.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 08, 2018, 05:17:03 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 08, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

Learn something new every day.

This fun fact brought to you by the membership of avpgalaxy.

AVPGALAXY: BUILDING BETTER WEBSITES

TheSailingRabbit

It's four in the morning, and I can't get back to sleep. My mind is refusing to shut down for another two or three hours. Not sure why I'm here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 10, 2018, 09:13:42 AM
It's four in the morning, and I can't get back to sleep. My mind is refusing to shut down for another two or three hours. Not sure why I'm here.

Oh man, that sucks. I hate it when that happens. I try and put some sitcoms on and just drift off.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 10, 2018, 09:16:27 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 10, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

Oh man, that sucks. I hate it when that happens. I try and put some sitcoms on and just drift off.

I've been reading my writing and leaving the radio on. Gonna try to sleep and leave you guys alone.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Bah. No need for that.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Sitting in the library like the good, industrious student that I am, with a girl next to me smelling like a whole perfume department.
Seriously that can't be healthy. Not for her and not for everyone in a 10 meter radius. Library is packed so not escape to another seat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed