What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 610,419 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Happy 45th Anniversary of the release of ALIEN!   

May 25th 1979  8)

I will be watching this tonight. ;D

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 25, 2024, 08:16:43 PMHappy 45th Anniversary of the release of ALIEN! 

May 25th 1979  8)

I will be watching this tonight. ;D

I'm about to watch Alien myself  ;D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Met with my realtor again today and have a price, a plan and a timeline for when this heap goes to market. It's been an absolute nightmare at every stage but it's very nearly over and all my hard work feels tangible now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Going to see Furiosa tonight! Was worried I'd missed it.

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Last day at work before I jet off to Australia for a month.
But more importantly, I just put a pound in the vending machine for a pack of skittles and two packs fell out.
I am winning at life this morning. 🥳

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nothing beats a 2 for 1 in a vending machine!

Back to the cinema tonight. Watching Search for Spock for the anniversary re-release! I caught Wrath of Khan a couple years back for its anniversary re-release too. I'm really excited! I only really have memories of watching Insurrection, Nemesis and the reboots at the cinema (I have some vague memories of coming out of Generations) so I'm really enjoying these re-releases. Hopefully I'll get to see First Contact on the big screen at some point.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

My fiancĂ©e surprised me with this today (we aren't going anywhere/ don't have travel plans at the moment) but it made me happy. 😊

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love it! That's awesome!

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2024, 07:23:02 AMNothing beats a 2 for 1 in a vending machine!

Back to the cinema tonight. Watching Search for Spock for the anniversary re-release! I caught Wrath of Khan a couple years back for its anniversary re-release too. I'm really excited! I only really have memories of watching Insurrection, Nemesis and the reboots at the cinema (I have some vague memories of coming out of Generations) so I'm really enjoying these re-releases. Hopefully I'll get to see First Contact on the big screen at some point.

I'd love the opportunity to see the first 1-6 on the big screen 😃 when I was in the height of my Star Trek obsession (during the TNG/DS9 going into Voyager years) I must have seen First Contact at least 4 times at the cinema (couldn't get enough of it) - the scene that sticks with me most that never translates well to home media was during the initial engagement with the Borg, when Worf is preparing the Defiant for ramming speed, and there's the line "Sir there's another ship coming in... it's the Enterprise" and you just get the sheer size of the ship as it flies by the defiant... it never looks that special at home, but on the big screen, it looked *colossal*  - I always imagine the original 6 movies will have moments like that (close ups of the bird of prey decloaking etc) 😊 

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2024, 07:23:02 AMNothing beats a 2 for 1 in a vending machine!

It's a tie between 2 for 1 vending, and opening a tin of beans only to discover that its actually beans and sausage

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Yesterday at 09:38:09 PMIt's a tie between 2 for 1 vending, and opening a tin of beans only to discover that its actually beans and sausage

LastSonofKrypton

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed