What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,325 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 22, 2019, 10:50:47 AMJust discovered the biggest wasp I have ever seen in my kitchen.  You could hear the thing buzzing from two rooms away.  I retreated upstairs, readied myself for battle, and said a quick prayer to Odin.

You sure it wasn't a hornet? I keep getting them flying in through my window in the summer. They're about the size of my thumb.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2019, 01:18:01 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 22, 2019, 10:50:47 AMJust discovered the biggest wasp I have ever seen in my kitchen.  You could hear the thing buzzing from two rooms away.  I retreated upstairs, readied myself for battle, and said a quick prayer to Odin.

You sure it wasn't a hornet? I keep getting them flying in through my window in the summer. They're about the size of my thumb.

Possibly.  Though we don't get many of them in my neck of the woods in the UK.  It was huge though, I'd say the size of my thumb.  I'm trying not to kill them because my six year old nephew gets upset if I do.  It's tough, because they are my mortal enemies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm in the UK myself, down near London. I think there must be a nest somewhere nearby that they come back to every year, because each summer I usually get a few come in the house. Bastards are huge.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2019, 02:08:57 PM
I'm in the UK myself, down near London. I think there must be a nest somewhere nearby that they come back to every year, because each summer I usually get a few come in the house. Bastards are huge.

Yeah, I live up north, my house backs onto farmer's fields and woods, so my house is full of them every summer.  I have noticed some pretty big ones over the last few years

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 21, 2019, 01:34:14 PM
Happening at the same time, leading to hilarious time-juggling shenanigans as you run back-and-forth from one office to the other trying to keep each one secret from the other?

Good luck!

Lol now that would have been funny.

Both Interviews went well, should hear back from both tomorrow  ;D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Everything!
It's been a good week, GoT notwithstanding.

The Old One

The Old One

The River.

Huggs

Huggs

It's my Birthday, and there's a beautiful storm moving in.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on May 30, 2019, 01:25:43 AM
It's my Birthday, and there's a beautiful storm moving in.

I feel like doing something, but I can't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's my Friday!

And Happy Burstday!

Prez

Prez

My boss pretty much sticking up for me and practically ready to tell a rather stressful client I manage to go f**k themselves.

;D

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Prez on May 30, 2019, 01:22:24 PM
My boss pretty much sticking up for me and practically ready to tell a rather stressful client I manage to go f**k themselves.

;D

Always great when that happens!  It's like Triple H pedigreeing Vince McMahon so you can win the title

Prez

Prez

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 31, 2019, 09:01:18 PM
Quote from: Prez on May 30, 2019, 01:22:24 PM

;D

Always great when that happens!  It's like Triple H pedigreeing Vince McMahon so you can win the title

Apt analogy

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

More interviews lined up

Its Feast or Famine

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I start my first job today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed