What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,625 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2019, 08:15:00 PM
Is cancelling a dental appointment a good thing?

No if you're in pain.

Otherwise yes

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 17, 2019, 04:31:50 PM
Got an email from our local baseball field about working there for the season. Meeting is Tuesday and we're cancelling my dentist appointment, too.

And it's Hudson's birthday.

Good luck!

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I thought my artwork yesterday was crap and then Carrie Henn liked it on Twitter.

Huggs

Huggs

Rain, a grey sky, and a comfortable wind.

After all the heat and humidity lately, this weather has me downright euphoric.

Huggs

Huggs

There was a big fly on the wall. I mean it was huge. I locked him in and retrieved the swatter. The fly was still there when I returned. I couldn't let it escape, it would wreak havoc. The sight of the swatter didn't even faze it. I grew worried that this monstrous fly would test my swatting skills to the maximum, and so, I prepared for a long and drawn out fight to the death.

And so, with grit and determination, I summoned the courage of my ancestors, and began my attack approach. So nimbly, so cautiously did I make my way towards the villain. I couldn't help but marvel at the sheer size of the beast. His eyes were like marbles, his wings like the dark feathers of some great carnivorous bird. Such a worthy adversary. I knew my form must be perfect, my strike swift and true.

At last, the moment was upon me, my very life hung in the balance. I drove forward and howled at the beast, my nipples  taut from the electricity and sheer terror of the engagement. My aim was true, my foe unwavering, as destiny collided with the present moment in a miracle shower of greatness. My victory was all but assured. Alas, he had died before I could administer the killing blow. It appeared he had landed there to die, and die he did, likely of a little fly stroke.

I peeled him off the wall, and sent him into oblivion. He had crossed into the void long before our paths intertwined. Yet, even in death, he had commanded great fear and respect. I salute you, my winged nemesis.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on May 21, 2019, 05:38:11 AM
There was a big fly on the wall. I mean it was huge. I locked him in and retrieved the swatter. The fly was still there when I returned. I couldn't let it escape, it would wreak havoc. The sight of the swatter didn't even faze it. I grew worried that this monstrous fly would test my swatting skills to the maximum, and so, I prepared for a long and drawn out fight to the death.

And so, with grit and determination, I summoned the courage of my ancestors, and began my attack approach. So nimbly, so cautiously did I make my way towards the villain. I couldn't help but marvel at the sheer size of the beast. His eyes were like marbles, his wings like the dark feathers of some great carnivorous bird. Such a worthy adversary. I knew my form must be perfect, my strike swift and true.

At last, the moment was upon me, my very life hung in the balance. I drove forward and howled at the beast, my nipples  taut from the electricity and sheer terror of the engagement. My aim was true, my foe unwavering, as destiny collided with the present moment in a miracle shower of greatness. My victory was all but assured. Alas, he had died before I could administer the killing blow. It appeared he had landed there to die, and die he did, likely of a little fly stroke.

I peeled him off the wall, and sent him into oblivion. He had crossed into the void long before our paths intertwined. Yet, even in death, he had commanded great fear and respect. I salute you, my winged nemesis.

"This is Huggs. Last survivor of the ...."

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

It's only a matter of time before pieces of Huggs's anecdotes appear in my writing.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

After waiting ages, Ive got 2 Job interviews tomorrow lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Happening at the same time, leading to hilarious time-juggling shenanigans as you run back-and-forth from one office to the other trying to keep each one secret from the other?

Good luck!

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I (finally) got a job.

Huggs

Huggs

Congratulations Rabbit!

Corporal Hicks

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Just discovered the biggest wasp I have ever seen in my kitchen.  You could hear the thing buzzing from two rooms away.  I retreated upstairs, readied myself for battle, and said a quick prayer to Odin.

When I got in there, I found it trying to get out of the window, and showing mercy I allowed her to escape, though it did take some slight encouragement with a feather duster.

I hope she tells all her friends that I was merciful

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2019, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 21, 2019, 10:33:17 PM
I (finally) got a job.

http://www.gif-king.com/files/uSers/gif-king-cdace21464969630ce563dfef2c5b4ef.gif

Congrats! Is that the baseball one?

Yeah. I have to babysit in the kids area. Given that I'm a first-time employee, I'm a lot more flexible and can change jobs if need be. The place is small, so stuff like that isn't that big a deal.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, you'll probably bounce around but that can be pretty interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed