What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 596,328 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 30, 2018, 09:42:16 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Aug 30, 2018, 03:35:01 AM
Officially became a cable cutter today. Currently trying Playstation Vue, which I like so far. Going to save my self about 150 dollars a month on TV since I upgraded my internet to help with all of the streaming we'll have going on here.

Good call, man. I intend on just getting good internet and streaming services when I move out again.

I quite like Playstation Vue, however there are a few channels that are not available that the women in my house severely miss so I will try Sling TV before committing. I think Vue has a great interface though.

My cable bill had shot up to about 360 US Dollars, to be fair I had internet as well as all of the premium channels which is why it was expensive but I can get what I need for almost 150 dollars less. That's enough of a reason for me to do it.

Huggs

Huggs

Officially became a cable cutter today. Currently trying Playstation Vue, which I like so far. Going to save my self about 150 dollars a month on TV since I upgraded my internet to help with all of the streaming we'll have going on here.

Congratulations.  :) Great way to save money. Cut mine about 6 years ago, and I still don't miss it.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 30, 2018, 09:49:09 PM

Congratulations.  :) Great way to save money. Cut mine about 6 years ago, and I still don't miss it.

Yeah, can't fault that thinking.

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 31, 2018, 01:08:43 AM
8)

Congrats. I love that feeling when one of the actors retweets or likes something we've posted.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This is my last Friday as acting up as manager! The real boss is back mid-next week!!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 30, 2018, 08:47:34 AM
Going to the Tolkien exhibit at the Bodelian in Oxford again  ;D
I am so jelly. ;)

First time back on the site for a month, so time to play catch up.
I went to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame in Canton, Ohio during induction week to see my favorite childhood player, Randy Moss. The lines were ridiculous, but the HOF itself is magical. Seeing relics of the greatest moments in the NFL (and AFL, USFL, etc) was really cool. Canton is only 2 1/2 hours away from Pittsburgh, shocked I never went til then. That was my summer vacation :)
As a sports memorabilia collector, I have a few extremely rare items of Randy Moss that I considered donating, but we will see.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

On the subject of sports - Lewis Hamilton's fantastic victory at the Italian Grand Prix over the weekend, made all the sweeter by the fact the fanatical Italian Ferrari fans were booing him the entire way round ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's my last day acting up!! Boss is back tomorrow and I can go back to being the supervisor.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Most of the stuff i ordered last week has arrived

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The soundtrack album for the upcoming Queen film Bohemian Rhapsody went up for sale today, and with it came the news that the 20th Century Fox fanfare in the film will be a special rendition performed by Brian May and Roger Taylor, presumably with a ton of May's trademark guitar harmonies. Ace! ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Found a shotgun in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel that spews foul-mouthed Australian insults while you use it.

FiorinaFury161

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ironically (or more likely not), one of the lines it shouts is "Yeah, that's not a gun-- I'M A GUN!"

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

The approaching fall season.  :) It's my favorite season. Clear blue sky's,low humidity,crisp air.  Along with the spectacular colors,the hawk migration.

Then there are the other senses. I love apple cider(I buy it by the gallon)and pumpkin custard.

It's a joy to be outdoors   ;D

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Sep 15, 2018, 12:37:36 AM

The approaching fall season.  :) It's my favorite season. Clear blue sky's,low humidity,crisp air.  Along with the spectacular colors,the hawk migration.

Then there are the other senses. I love apple cider(I buy it by the gallon)and pumpkin custard.

It's a joy to be outdoors   ;D

My favorite season too! Just thinking about the hot apple cider and hayrides makes me happy  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed