What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,778 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 31, 2018, 07:01:29 PM
I take my test this Saturday for the Sheriff's Department to be a Deputy Sheriff in the Jails/Courts. Hope it works out so I can get out of this place!

Best of luck brother.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 31, 2018, 07:01:29 PM
No longer have to go to court tomorrow as a witness since the lady plead guilty so I won't lose hours this pay period thankfully. The current company I work for has shitty vacation/sick day policies so taking time off isn't an option for now.

I take my test this Saturday for the Sheriff's Department to be a Deputy Sheriff in the Jails/Courts. Hope it works out so I can get out of this place!

Good luck mate!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 30, 2018, 04:22:13 AM
Went into the big town today. On the way home I decided to get some gas. I was on a long downhill section of this two lane highway. Both lanes were blocked by trucks. The one in my lane was an 18 wheeler, empty load, flat bed style non-boxed. The kind that'll take your head clean off if you hit it at speed. Both lanes were blocked nearly to the guard rails.

The gas station was only about 100 yards past these guys. So I pulled in and did what I had to do. But when I went to leave, I had to apply some brake to slow down alittle. Well, my brake pedal went all the way forward and the car didn't want to stop.

My brakes had gone out. Totally. If they had gone out 20 seconds or 2 pumps earlier, I'd have only gained speed and would've hit one of those trucks doing probably 65mph+. Adios amigo. But the brakes go out once I'm safe and sound in a parking lot doing 1mph from dead stop? The Lord was with me today. Made it back to my family. Being safe and alive is reason enough to be happy.
Glad ya made it ok. About two months ago, I was first at stop light to turn left onto a busy two lane mini highway with the opposing traffic stopped. However, once I turned left, I decided to stay in turning into the left lane. As I turned into the left, out of corner of my eye I see a runaway tractor trailer in the right lane. Would have been instant death. I know how ya feel Huggs.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 01, 2018, 11:55:22 PM
Glad ya made it ok. About two months ago, I was first at stop light to turn left onto a busy two lane mini highway with the opposing traffic stopped. However, once I turned left, I decided to stay in turning into the left lane. As I turned into the left, out of corner of my eye I see a runaway tractor trailer in the right lane. Would have been instant death. I know how ya feel Huggs.

Had something similar happen to me back in college, except in my case it was a dump truck that didn't notice the red light at the intersection where I was turning left. Good thing you caught sight of it in time. There are some real idiots out there driving around.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Finally took me car into the garage today after a couple of months of rattling in the back. Recently noticed something hanging from the bottom of the car and got scared. Turned out it was just the heat-shield. They got it all back on and I'm back to a none rattly car.

Huggs

Huggs

Got that throbbing tooth pulled finally. They hardly charged me anything for it too. No more pain, no more months of agony. And it looks just fine where it used to be. Hardly a sign, and you can't even see it when I smile. Best news I could've had today.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Dirty Harry blu-ray collection arrived yesterday.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Love those movies. Even the fourth, which is definitely the weakest, is a really entertaining film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2018, 11:27:04 AM
Love those movies. Even the fourth, which is definitely the weakest, is a really entertaining film.

I've never seen the sequels, so this is a whole new experience for me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Bought the final book of the Rage War trilogy from Amazon, and when it arrived, it was in the other, smaller size compared to the first two that I have.

The anal retentive in me just can't accept this.

Out of curiosity and fully expecting them to tell me to jog on, I had a look at whether Amazon would give me a refund, and it turns out not only will they give me my money back, I don't even have to fart about returning the copy to them :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 09, 2018, 07:36:58 PM
The anal retentive in me just can't accept this.

I'm still annoyed that the second half of Clive Barker's Books of Blood is so weirdly published in the US. The first three volume are all in a nice omnibus edition, but the other three are split into different volumes not even called The Books of Blood. I imported a British edition that did it the right way... but it's about three times smaller than the other one. :laugh:

MudButt

MudButt

Officially became a cable cutter today. Currently trying Playstation Vue, which I like so far. Going to save my self about 150 dollars a month on TV since I upgraded my internet to help with all of the streaming we'll have going on here.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Going to the Tolkien exhibit at the Bodelian in Oxford again  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MudButt on Aug 30, 2018, 03:35:01 AM
Officially became a cable cutter today. Currently trying Playstation Vue, which I like so far. Going to save my self about 150 dollars a month on TV since I upgraded my internet to help with all of the streaming we'll have going on here.

Good call, man. I intend on just getting good internet and streaming services when I move out again.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

A fun day was had. Saw all the stuff in the Exhibit i didnt see last time.

Its defo something that needed two visits or 90 minutes to see everything

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed