What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,742 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Eaters of the Dead is the one I'm thinking of getting into next.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's markedly different from his usual fare, but I liked the faux manuscript style.

Shasvre

Shasvre

How does it compare to the film? Is it very different? Better?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's been a while, but the film followed it pretty closely from what I remember. The book has more detail on the background and the Journey before Ibn Fadlan meets the Vikings, and the final battle is different. The film also trimmed down the search for the Wendol's caverns, including the scene where they get information from some dwarves. And there's an epilogue written in faux scholarly style that explains where the Wendol came from and what they are.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Micro is a good Crichton book. Would love to see that film

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We got a night's sleep! Wooo.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2018, 01:10:55 AM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 11, 2018, 11:57:45 PM
Sounds neat. Been looking to read some Chrichton myself lately. Of his work, I've only read Jurassic Park/The Lost World.

Apart from those I've read Congo, Sphere, and Eaters of the Dead, which were good, and State of Fear and Next which were... dubious, if entertaining.

Sphere was great; really enjoyed the movie too. Pirate latitudes was a bit on the rough side though. Loved the Jurassic novels.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always found Crichton to be really uneven - his books tend to be either very good or very bad.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 14, 2018, 08:49:51 AM
We got a night's sleep! Wooo.
Yay!

The much needed tax refund got deposited this morning! Time to pay back some things and going

Spoiler
To Nordstrom for a pair of Gucci sneakers! 😋
[close]

Also Happy Valentine's Day!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Some old woman nearly tripped me up crossing a busy road, because she cut me up and caught me with her wheeled carrier thing. so once I got across, I scooted round and cut infront of her, giving her a filthy look as I went.

Made me happy. Old B***h

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 14, 2018, 12:14:24 PM
Some old woman nearly tripped me up crossing a busy road, because she cut me up and caught me with her wheeled carrier thing. so once I got across, I scooted round and cut infront of her, giving her a filthy look as I went.

Made me happy. Old B***h

Somewhere out there, a sweet old lady is hyperventilating because somebody tried to steal her walker, then gave her a "sinister look".  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 14, 2018, 09:47:25 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 14, 2018, 12:14:24 PM

Made me happy. Old B***h

Somewhere out there, a sweet old lady is hyperventilating because somebody tried to steal her walker, then gave her a "sinister look".  :laugh:

Mwahahahahahahaha

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Told my Postmaster today that March 31st will be my last day. So incredibly relieved, I told her I simply can not take it anymore. I know that I will probably not find anything right away in my field after I graduate (March 30th), but at this point it doesn't matter. I will probably end up going to Nordstrom and work in the mens shoes and make bank just on commission :laugh:

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 20, 2018, 04:54:03 PM
Told my Postmaster today that March 31st will be my last day. So incredibly relieved, I told her I simply can not take it anymore. I know that I will probably not find anything right away in my field after I graduate (March 30th), but at this point it doesn't matter. I will probably end up going to Nordstrom and work in the mens shoes and make bank just on commission :laugh:
What a bold move!  Good luck!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed