What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 584,074 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, I wish you the best of luck woth that.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Thank you gents. I have over 3 years as a sales associate and manager, so I know what I am going into. Plus, working in a luxury department store such as Nordstrom, I have a lot of knowledge regarding the designers and have the wardrobes to back it up. Take a look at my posts in the last thing you bought thread and y'all will see all the money invested in my outfits.. ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My mouse is working great now. Turned out something was wrong with Windows and reinstalling it fixed the issue.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 20, 2018, 11:49:10 PMThank you gents. I have over 3 years as a sales associate and manager, so I know what I am going into. Plus, working in a luxury department store such as Nordstrom, I have a lot of knowledge regarding the designers and have the wardrobes to back it up. Take a look at my posts in the last thing you bought thread and y'all will see all the money invested in my outfits.. ;)

Also store discount :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Good luck!!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2018, 09:23:34 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 20, 2018, 11:49:10 PMThank you gents. I have over 3 years as a sales associate and manager, so I know what I am going into. Plus, working in a luxury department store such as Nordstrom, I have a lot of knowledge regarding the designers and have the wardrobes to back it up. Take a look at my posts in the last thing you bought thread and y'all will see all the money invested in my outfits.. ;)

Also store discount :P

That's what I was thinking lmao

FiorinaFury161

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 20, 2018, 11:49:10 PM
Thank you gents. I have over 3 years as a sales associate and manager, so I know what I am going into. Plus, working in a luxury department store such as Nordstrom, I have a lot of knowledge regarding the designers and have the wardrobes to back it up. Take a look at my posts in the last thing you bought thread and y'all will see all the money invested in my outfits.. ;)
You can be my stylist.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 21, 2018, 01:33:04 AM
My mouse is working great now. Turned out something was wrong with Windows and reinstalling it fixed the issue.
I had an optical mouse issue at my work and couldn't figure out what the issue was.  I finally turned it over and found that someone put tape over the sensor.  Office pranks.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 20, 2018, 04:54:03 PM
Told my Postmaster today that March 31st will be my last day. So incredibly relieved, I told her I simply can not take it anymore. I know that I will probably not find anything right away in my field after I graduate (March 30th), but at this point it doesn't matter. I will probably end up going to Nordstrom and work in the mens shoes and make bank just on commission :laugh:

Congratulations. I hear where you are coming from. I was expecting to land a good job in my field shortly after graduating. The thing I heard the most when applying was that everybody was looking for people with experience. All I had was my internship and prior work experience in jobs unrelated to my degree. When the new bills started rolling in, guess who learned to love the exciting world of retail? I've since moved on, but like my old man told me, there's always a way up. Work hard, make contacts, cultivate positive work relationships, always work out a notice and establish good references, and don't be afraid to start at the bottom. Over the years, I've worked for and with many managers and corporate....people, and I've yet to meet one that didn't start out as a bagger, cashier, stocker, or in maintenance, housekeeping ect. Those shoes might very well take you places. Just forget what happened to Al Bundy ;D

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Seems like at many jobs over my life I started as low man on the totem pole and progressed greatly. Having a good work ethic has been constant with me.

Also, the major difference between Alex (me) and Al is that he was selling shoes for $14.99 a pair, whereas I could be selling shoes for $1,499 a pair 😁

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finally managed to borrow a hot glue gun to fix my Alien Trilogy Facehugger box set.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2018, 01:06:36 PM
Finally managed to borrow a hot glue gun to fix my Alien Trilogy Facehugger box set.
How'd it break?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The trays inside came loose, which from what I've heard is a fairly common occurrence. Was like it when I got it - I suspect it hadn't been treated all that kindly in transit, given that the courier that delivered it couldn't tell their arse from their elbow. Just had to glue them back in, but I didn't wanna use superglue for fear of melting the plastic.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2018, 03:28:24 PM
The trays inside came loose, which from what I've heard is a fairly common occurrence. Was like it when I got it - I suspect it hadn't been treated all that kindly in transit, given that the courier that delivered it couldn't tell their arse from their elbow. Just had to glue them back in, but I didn't wanna use superglue for fear of melting the plastic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed