What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 605,954 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2018, 05:51:37 AM
I got my March podcast episode recorded ahead of time, in spite of being kind of sick and coughing a bit. Now I can take my time cobbling the anniversary episode together for May. :)

Lol I was going to ask about that lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What's the topic?

Car passed it's MOT. That always makes me happy.  ;D

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

What made me happy today? Well, I was already happy from last weekend because I got my first Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2nd Edition RPG adventure published by Arion Games and I wrote and drew it myself. This means I've officially written and illustrated for the very game that got me into tabletop gaming when I was 12 back in 1983, so it's kind of a childhood dream to be creating material for it.

But what made me happy today was getting my first 'fan' email, and she told me that she enjoyed it and her group had fun playing it. It was then followed up by some constructive criticism about the stuff she didn't like, which was spot on, so she was both appreciative and really helpful.

That's really made my day, that has.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Congratulations!

Russ

Russ

Quote from: farsightblogger on Feb 09, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

That's f**king awesome, congrats. 

And I got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3CNGWST7M1C1B/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1536931853

It's all about opinions  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Quote from: Russ on Feb 09, 2018, 03:23:58 PM
Quote from: farsightblogger on Feb 09, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

That's f**king awesome, congrats. 

And I got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3CNGWST7M1C1B/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1536931853

It's all about opinions  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow - why didn't he just tell you how he really felt? Looks like one dissenting voice out of loads. You can't please everyone, and you shouldn't even try.

Some people moan about ice cream being too cold.

Russ

Russ

I thought it was hilarious. I mean - she really went to town! Cockroach with a keyboard IS a quality insult.

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Quote from: Russ on Feb 09, 2018, 03:52:16 PM
I thought it was hilarious. I mean - she really went to town! Cockroach with a keyboard IS a quality insult.

You're not wrong - I'm adding that to my insult armoury. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2018, 12:46:06 PM
What's the topic?

March is Tomb Raider, keeping April under wraps for the moment.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm home alone for a couple of days with just me and the dog. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That script I got outbid on a while back was posted again, and I snatched it up.   8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 11, 2018, 08:16:49 PM
That script I got outbid on a while back was posted again, and I snatched it up.   8)

Which script was that?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 11, 2018, 11:52:07 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 11, 2018, 08:16:49 PM

Which script was that?

Genes, an unproduced, updated take on Frankenstein written by Michael Crichton.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sounds neat. Been looking to read some Chrichton myself lately. Of his work, I've only read Jurassic Park/The Lost World.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 11, 2018, 11:57:45 PM
Sounds neat. Been looking to read some Chrichton myself lately. Of his work, I've only read Jurassic Park/The Lost World.

Apart from those I've read Congo, Sphere, and Eaters of the Dead, which were good, and State of Fear and Next which were... dubious, if entertaining.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed