What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,417 times)

Topazora

Topazora

congrats on being true to yourself and being honest with those around you.  Now, hopefully, you'll find true happiness :)  Must be such a huge burden off your chest.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I FINALLY have internet at my new home! No more public library internet for me!!  ;D

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Topazora on Sep 16, 2015, 06:03:48 PM
congrats on being true to yourself and being honest with those around you.  Now, hopefully, you'll find true happiness :)  Must be such a huge burden off your chest.
Thank you for the support! Ever since I came to realization about my true self and came out, everything is being seen in a different prospective (all for the better). It is almost like I have been reborn! :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

One week holiday for me time to chill.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Had a good time in Pittsburgh today at the GLCC and downtown. Also, Happy National Burger Day! Yes, I did make gourmet grilled cheeseburgers and homemade fries with homemade cheese sauce to celebrate accordingly :)

Murfy426

Murfy426

Just got a surprise late birthday present through the letter box today from the wife: Metal gear solid 5, for my ageing xbox 360 but from what I've heard it still looks and plays great on that so looks like I'm gonna be busy airlifting animals for a while lol.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 16, 2015, 01:42:47 AM
I need to share something very personally important with y'all. It is graphic and very personal, so proceed with caution:

(This was written by myself a few days ago on a LGBT community forum)

Spoiler

We all battle a struggle in some way; psychologically, physically, emotionally, etc. Some of these struggles start at a very young age. As for me, my inner struggle began at a very young age, probably around age 4/5. I always was attracted to men. Like many of us, I was raised in a strict hetero atmosphere with little to no knowledge of the LGBTQIA community. I was fortunate to have very loving and accepting parents and sadly I did lose my father over 5 years ago, so I will never be able to directly tell him about who I am.

Over the past 18 years I knew for sure that I was attracted to men. I tried to hide and suppress it with thoughts of women but did not really get off on them (for lack of better terms :P ). Does not mean I found obviously hot women hot, I just kept trying to block out the true natural urge. I had one true female relationship, but it went nowhere. I was a bigger kid (well, not FAT, but thick) and had self image issues. I began to have severe depression and even a few bouts with anorexia (I guess it is rare for a man to have it). At age 16 I began experimenting with high THC content mary jane to hide the urge even further. This daily process lasted an accumulated 7 years with little alcohol use. I got clean and pushed the urge to back again as I was focused on quitting my addiction. The urge would still present itself daily and the struggle to accept it began to really set in. After I found out my father was going to pass, I relapsed for an accumulated 2 years after being clean for about 2 years. I began to get severe muscle spasms during the relapse (while intoxicated) and decided that I must quit forever. I have been clean for about 42 months now.

In early 2014, I finally began to realize that I must address my true hidden self. I would cry myself to sleep some nights when I was younger because I could not accept myself or understand why. I thought that since I liked men and women I was bisexual.  I cut off my LONG hair (and donated it of course) but kept my beard. I outed myself to my mother, brother, sister, my best friend and a few friends at my old job. I tried so hard to find women, but its like they are different species to me (no offense ladies! ). I appreciate the beauty and intelligence of women, I just do not find them attractive or want to be in a relationship with them. Over the past few months, I very slowly began to accept that I am truly gay and outed myself to a married (straight) couple that I have known for years a few nights ago. It felt so wonderful to finally say "I am gay!" to close friends and they were very accepting and very happy that I had the courage to finally accept my true self. Now you know as well.

If you have made it this far, thank you very much for reading! Now that can finally be who I always was, a new chapter can finally be written that needed to be written YEARS ago.
[close]

Love you guys.  :'(

Congrats on finding yourself, man. It's really important to know and love yourself and I'm glad to see you're doing that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm off to EuroGamer Expo tomorrow.  ;D Can't wait to get my hands on Halo 5 and SW Battlefront.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2015, 07:27:28 AM
I'm off to EuroGamer Expo tomorrow.  ;D Can't wait to get my hands on Halo 5 and SW Battlefront.
Awesome were is it being held.

Darkness

Darkness

Will you be trying out the Sony VR stuff?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 16, 2015, 06:08:17 PM
I FINALLY have internet at my new home! No more public library internet for me!!  ;D

Wassup dude! I didn't know you finally found a place. Congratulations!!! :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Sep 25, 2015, 02:35:18 PM
Awesome were is it being held.

Birmingham.

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 25, 2015, 03:58:26 PM

Will you be trying out the Sony VR stuff?

I believe you had to book in advanced and all the slots were gone. I don't like the VR stuff anyway because of my glasses. I tried the Occulus a few years back and didn't enjoy the experience.

Darkness

Darkness

Contacts, dude.

Actually, the Sony version allows you to wear glasses. It said to be much more comfortable than Oculus.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not fussed with contacts. Don't like touching my eyes.

Fair enough. That'd be better for folk like me. But no, I'm not going to try them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Preordered my tickets for The Martian!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed