What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,621 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just home for bank holiday then?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 28, 2015, 06:11:35 PM
Just home for bank holiday then?
Yep going back on sunday then in 3 weeks i get a 9 day holiday so expect to see me a lot on this website then.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Finally, a relaxing Sunday off. Now comes a 6 day workweek.

Also, I finally made it into the local paper for my Blue Ribbon Apple Pie Contest victory! :D

Murfy426

Murfy426

Last night before the fiancé takes me away for my birthday trip, lots of alcohol, good food and presents. Hopefully she remembers my trivial present and plays isolation again when I have the camera on. Last time was absolutely epic so will post if she isn't too scared to get out the locker! Lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haha! The best place is in the locker!!!

Randomizer

Randomizer

QuoteMy ex wife died so I went to the cemetery and to honor her, I poured a fine, 12 year old scotch bottle on her grave...

Spoiler
...but first I filtered it through my kidneys.
[close]

Made my day.  :laugh:

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Just finished my medical exam for the Canadian Armed Forces and passed with flying colors, next up is my interview and then hopefully a position in the infantry

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 01, 2015, 04:29:43 PM
Just finished my medical exam for the Canadian Armed Forces and passed with flying colors, next up is my interview and then hopefully a position in the infantry
Thats cool dude glad to hear that so you will just serve as a infantry man or any thing different.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Sep 04, 2015, 04:23:02 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 01, 2015, 04:29:43 PM
Thats cool dude glad to hear that so you will just serve as a infantry man or any thing different.
My main goal in infantry for a few years, but I also have MP and Artillery as possible positions.

Had my interview, they said I should be contacted by the regiment soon, issued my kit, and expect training to start as soon as October

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Had an Star Trek Attack Wing tournament on Saturday. It was the last of this current campaign. I'd already done the first 2 so I was guaranteed to win the grand prize and I'd already won the prize for this specific event at another venue so I decided to to play fluffy and not go to win. I took a fleet based on the episode that the event was inspired by which included one very useless ship. But apparently I'd done too good a job on the other 2 ships and ended up winning, going 3-0. I had so much fun playing with that fleet though!

That was my fleet.

That was against my co-worker who I smashed in 3 turns. One-shotted one of his ships with a perfect roll.

The only game I really struggled on and that was due to the number of ships and the fact my opponent didn't have the proper components and wasn't playing properly.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The NFL regular season begins today! :D :D :D :D

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 10, 2015, 09:50:20 AM
The NFL regular season begins today! :D :D :D :D
Go Falcons

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Go Steelers, Vikings, Seahawks and Cardinals (in that order)!

Any Super Bowl predictions?

Spoiler
Option1: New England vs Seattle (Seattle WINS THIS TIME)
Option2: New England vs Green Bay (sadly, NE wins)
Option3: Indianapolis vs Dallas (Dallas wins, want to mention this year marks 20 years since last Dallas appearance)
Option4: Denver vs Dallas (Denver wins, Peyton retires)
Option5: Indianapolis vs. Seattle (Seattle wins in blowout)
or Option6: Denver vs. Green Bay (Denver wins in first ever Super Bowl overtime)

Hope for option 5 overall ;)
[close]

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 11, 2015, 12:45:26 AM
Go Steelers, Vikings, Seahawks and Cardinals (in that order)!

Any Super Bowl predictions?

Spoiler
Option1: New England vs Seattle (Seattle WINS THIS TIME)
Option2: New England vs Green Bay (sadly, NE wins)
Option3: Indianapolis vs Dallas (Dallas wins, want to mention this year marks 20 years since last Dallas appearance)
Option4: Denver vs Dallas (Denver wins, Peyton retires)
Option5: Indianapolis vs. Seattle (Seattle wins in blowout)
or Option6: Denver vs. Green Bay (Denver wins in first ever Super Bowl overtime)

Hope for option 5 overall ;)
[close]

I honestly see KC winning it this year

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I need to share something very personally important with y'all. It is graphic and very personal, so proceed with caution:

(This was written by myself a few days ago on a LGBT community forum)

Spoiler

We all battle a struggle in some way; psychologically, physically, emotionally, etc. Some of these struggles start at a very young age. As for me, my inner struggle began at a very young age, probably around age 4/5. I always was attracted to men. Like many of us, I was raised in a strict hetero atmosphere with little to no knowledge of the LGBTQIA community. I was fortunate to have very loving and accepting parents and sadly I did lose my father over 5 years ago, so I will never be able to directly tell him about who I am.

Over the past 18 years I knew for sure that I was attracted to men. I tried to hide and suppress it with thoughts of women but did not really get off on them (for lack of better terms :P ). Does not mean I found obviously hot women hot, I just kept trying to block out the true natural urge. I had one true female relationship, but it went nowhere. I was a bigger kid (well, not FAT, but thick) and had self image issues. I began to have severe depression and even a few bouts with anorexia (I guess it is rare for a man to have it). At age 16 I began experimenting with high THC content mary jane to hide the urge even further. This daily process lasted an accumulated 7 years with little alcohol use. I got clean and pushed the urge to back again as I was focused on quitting my addiction. The urge would still present itself daily and the struggle to accept it began to really set in. After I found out my father was going to pass, I relapsed for an accumulated 2 years after being clean for about 2 years. I began to get severe muscle spasms during the relapse (while intoxicated) and decided that I must quit forever. I have been clean for about 42 months now.

In early 2014, I finally began to realize that I must address my true hidden self. I would cry myself to sleep some nights when I was younger because I could not accept myself or understand why. I thought that since I liked men and women I was bisexual.  I cut off my LONG hair (and donated it of course) but kept my beard. I outed myself to my mother, brother, sister, my best friend and a few friends at my old job. I tried so hard to find women, but its like they are different species to me (no offense ladies! ). I appreciate the beauty and intelligence of women, I just do not find them attractive or want to be in a relationship with them. Over the past few months, I very slowly began to accept that I am truly gay and outed myself to a married (straight) couple that I have known for years a few nights ago. It felt so wonderful to finally say "I am gay!" to close friends and they were very accepting and very happy that I had the courage to finally accept my true self. Now you know as well.

If you have made it this far, thank you very much for reading! Now that can finally be who I always was, a new chapter can finally be written that needed to be written YEARS ago.
[close]

Love you guys.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed