How will the alien be defeated?

Started by Xenoscream, Sep 28, 2014, 07:57:37 PM

Author
How will the alien be defeated? (Read 3,366 times)

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

So place your bets on how the Alien will be beaten.

We know blowing it into space is always a solid option, I'm personally hoping for something a bit original, but to be honest I can't think of too many other legit ways of killing it without any serious firepower.

thecaffeinatedone

Ripley will throw a tank in its mouth and blow it up, Jaws style :p

Randomizer

Thrown into space or crushed by some mechanism ( which we're gonna have to lure the alien into ) .

Corporal Hicks

As much as I appreciate it being Alien styled, I really don't want to chuck it out the airlock. It's becoming a tired trope for Aliens.

WinterActual

Some heavy script will crush it thats for sure  ::)

Xenoscream

Hm I'm leaning towards a heroic sacrifice / lure into a death trap. I'm willing to bet there is a false ending / it sneaks aboard the escape craft.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2014, 07:17:15 AM
As much as I appreciate it being Alien styled, I really don't want to chuck it out the airlock. It's becoming a tired trope for Aliens.

It's the reverse this time around. Amanda blasts herself out of the Sevastopol airlock after shutting down the station reactor coolant.

The Sevastopol explodes in a spectacular fashion and consequently destroys all evidence that the alien ever existed.

The only person who knows what really happened is Amanda and who is going to believe her?

SpeedyMaxx

I'll be mildly perturbed if they kill off Amanda - they implied in some of the advance press that maybe she didn't live to a ripe old(er) age, didn't die at 66, maybe the company covered up the real details. I understand them playing that angle to keep the player in suspense, and I suppose it's a worthwhile idea.

I just am generally bored by recent prequels which implicitly require any protagonists to end up dead to preserve continuity - there are some of those that work, and I have no problem with a nihilistic ending, but it's gotten so old at this point over the last decade, including in some of the recent spate of new survival horror games where the protagonists all end up dead, insane, whatever - I've seen it all before. I hope they surprise me and let her live but throw a twist in somehow.

Xenoscream

I also wonder if they will do any sort of tie in with the colony being established on LV-426, I guess whatever happens the flight recorder's information won't be widely shared.

Randomizer

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 29, 2014, 01:01:09 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2014, 07:17:15 AM

It's the reverse this time around. Amanda blasts herself out of the Sevastopol airlock after shutting down the station reactor coolant.

The Sevastopol explodes in a spectacular fashion and consequently destroys all evidence that the alien ever existed.

The only person who knows what really happened is Amanda and who is going to believe her?

This might be the actual end of the game  :laugh: ... anyway , thanks for spoiling it off .

Ash 937

Ash 937

Whatever the ending is, I hope its more creative than something along the lines of blowing it out into space through an open air lock. 

I've just seen that too many times in the films and in countless Alien-based games over the years.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I still have my suspicions that it's the same alien, to be honest. The proximity of the ship in question (the Anesidora?) and the Nostromo flight recorder seem too peculiar. To say, 'oh, they landed on LV-426 too' like so many other Aliens games would be a bit tired.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 29, 2014, 08:44:50 PM
I still have my suspicions that it's the same alien, to be honest. The proximity of the ship in question (the Anesidora?) and the Nostromo flight recorder seem too peculiar. To say, 'oh, they landed on LV-426 too' like so many other Aliens games would be a bit tired.

The odds of finding the alien out in space though....not sure I'd buy it.

Space Voyager

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 29, 2014, 07:54:21 AM
Some heavy script will crush it thats for sure  ::)
;D ;D ;D

Taxemic

Taxemic

In the prequal comic...
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure I saw a pic of a guy with a hugger on his face.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed