2 Questions

Started by overthere, Sep 25, 2014, 10:22:53 AM

Author
2 Questions (Read 1,443 times)

overthere

overthere

After the big shootout when Blain got killed, the Predator is wounded and his blood is on at least one leaf. They search the area and find nothing, while Anna finds the blood. How come none of them found blood? They're skilled soldiers, especially Billy with his tracking skills, and they miss a huge green glowing liquid? Anna even wipes it on her clothes right in front of Dillon, and he doesn't notice it.

When Billy laughs at Hawkins' joke, the Predator picks up his laugh. But the laugh at the end of the movie is not the same as the laugh he heard from Billy. This one is a lot longer and doesn't follow the same pattern. Did Predator improvise the laugh or did he just remix what he heard? Did he know what laugh is and how it would sarcastically fit into the context? In that extent, Predators understand sarcasm and humor.
Or it was a lucky guess, the Predator in Predator 2 randomly uses "want some candy?" when it doesn't make sense.

DUB1

DUB1

1) Just because they're skilled soldiers, doesn't mean they'll always notice everything, and that untrained people like Anna can't. It's like saying soldiers coming back from a war couldn't get killed in a mere mugging, by someone with no military training whatsoever.

2) All of that is possible. The Predator could have added it's own touch to the laugh, or remixed it. No way of knowing for sure. However, I'd say it definitely understood what laughter was. As you said, the timing of the laugh was just right.

stephen

stephen

1. Because it was a glowing green liquid.  At that point in time they certainly weren't thinking it's a monster from out of space.  They would have been looking for tracks, bodies, RED blood.  The fact that Anna saw it was because she was already open to the idea of it being something other then human.  We hear her story later on regarding this.

2. No real way of knowing except that it was Billy's laugh.  Whatever the Predator did to it, who knows.

worldpeace

worldpeace

the predator im sure was also laughing at himself or herself for getting defeted by a log falling on it's  head. it probably felt dumb and laughed at the situation and how it's  death was not a good nobel one. it's an embarrassment to go out that way.

overthere

overthere

If I were Dutch, I would have smashed it's head with that rock, no matter how wounded the Predator is.

Where did the Predator land anyway? Where's his space capsule?

worldpeace

worldpeace

ship was invisible in a grassy  field area
the script at one point had dutch discovering dead bodies in said ship. originally it was a ship and not a one way drop off like in avp.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: worldpeace on Sep 27, 2014, 12:17:23 PM
ship was invisible in a grassy  field area
the script at one point had dutch discovering dead bodies in said ship. originally it was a ship and not a one way drop off like in avp.

That sounds good, why didn't it end up in the final movie?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

1) You can't find something if it isn't where you are looking. Anna however was in the right place to notice it.

2) The predator is a dick. :P

Filming a spaceship scene would have probably killed the pacing and have cost too damn much.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: worldpeace on Sep 26, 2014, 06:51:13 AMthe predator im sure was also laughing at himself or herself for getting defeted by a log falling on it's  head. it probably felt dumb and laughed at the situation and how it's  death was not a good nobel one. it's an embarrassment to go out that way.

Lolwut.

He was laughing because he was about to nuke Arnie with his self-destruct.

worldpeace

worldpeace

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 30, 2014, 10:10:35 AM
Quote from: worldpeace on Sep 26, 2014, 06:51:13 AMthe predator im sure was also laughing at himself or herself for getting defeted by a log falling on it's  head. it probably felt dumb and laughed at the situation and how it's  death was not a good nobel one. it's an embarrassment to go out that way.

yes but perhaps it was also experiencing layers of thought and emotion about it's ultimately foolish and lethal mistake in it's final moment  it's all hypothetical of course since this is fictional . after watching the movie
countless times i sometimes see scenes differentially then before. lack of new material is too blame. a new movie a new game and new comics would be sufficient.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: worldpeace on Oct 01, 2014, 09:10:26 AMyes but perhaps it was also experiencing layers of thought and emotion about it's ultimately foolish and lethal mistake in it's final moment  it's all hypothetical of course since this is fictional . after watching the movie countless times i sometimes see scenes differentially then before. lack of new material is too blame. a new movie a new game and new comics would be sufficient.

:D The Predator doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd get a laugh out of existential philosophy and the fact it had been beaten.

He does strike me as the kind of guy who'd get a laugh out of the fact he's about to vaporise Arnie just when he thought he'd won.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2014, 10:07:30 AM

:D The Predator doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd get a laugh out of existential philosophy and the fact it had been beaten.

He does strike me as the kind of guy who'd get a laugh out of the fact he's about to vaporise Arnie just when he thought he'd won.

I agree. Arnold figured that as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed