AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 168,738 times)

Parler

Parler

I really like the AvP armor design, it was really uniform (which is something I obsess over) and mostly symmetrical.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Too bad they made the Predators look like overgrown rugby players.

b-raz

b-raz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 09, 2008, 02:27:17 PM
The AvP:R head was just as bad. It was too big and the extra tusks were horrid.

I agree. He was really skinny too, so that didn't help.

My favorite is the design on the cover of Turnabout, the novel.

Gangster Predator

Gangster Predator

Well the predator from AVPR sucked. It was nothing cool about it. It was just there. It was lame. The predators from avp were lame too. A yautja is a beast I doubt they would put too much emotion in its face like they did in AVP. They are suppose to be cold hearted best that have no pity on the wronddoers of society.

To me there was no attempt in scary in these mask. They dont even look scary. They should've looked up more of the older creators art. You study greatness to be the greatest. Arent I right?

The best Mask(S) Would be the yautja from Predator 1 and 2.

>_> <_<....We are talking about the mask instead of the faces right? :-[

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

I heard the last scene in the first predator film.. (the end fight when he takes off his mask and fights arnie) that it was luck they got the lighting and such just right to make it look so real..  saying they could not exactly duplicate that scene's realism.

LIke i have said before so much of it is the actor inside the suite . If kevin peter hall was still alive i doubt we would even be having this conversation of how cheesy the predator looked in AVP..

I thought AVP-R was a few big steps forward in the right direction with the looks and body movement of the WOLF predator, but it was nothing compared to the realism of either predator films.. I still think those were real and not guys in suites it was such a perfection of the art . what do you expect when stan winston is on set and kevin peter hall is acting...

Parler

Parler

Quote from: b-raz on Aug 18, 2008, 04:15:56 AM

I agree as well, something about the head looks off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Parler on Aug 27, 2008, 02:06:01 PM
Quote from: b-raz on Aug 18, 2008, 04:15:56 AM

I agree as well, something about the head looks off.

Yet interestingly enough Hot Toys 14" Wolf's face actually has mandibles more like Anytime's.

b-raz

b-raz

For movies though, my fave would def be original Predator though, I mean really, nothing beats the original.
The weapons and armor were perfect, just wish he had like a combi-stick too or maybe a smart disc, but thats it.

Svarog

Svarog

Must agree, when saw Skar for the first time,it was aaargh, sooobad,comic like, allmost human/pred hybrid,awfull...but then ,maybe their teenagers looks like that...smaller mandibles,bigger eyes...
Anyway I really like them all,I do think it should be variations ,and my favourite detail is the loong dredges in AvP.Makes them amphibious... (Kit Fisto)...

But,just bought action figure of the Wolf...Vote on his face definitely,Avp Drdges,Celtic Mask,and must say again on AvP Armor...Weapon!? Blue liquid!Desintegrates everything!Silent!Awesome!

LukeSpidey

LukeSpidey

Predator from the first movie was cool. The mask, the color of the skin and the way he was acting. It's just fantastic. The second Predator was fine too, but his mask remind me the duck's beak.

And about the Predators from AvP, they were looking great, but only in the mask. Without the mask they've looked very ridiculous.

The one from AvPR look fantastic. Something between Pred1 and Pred2.

The_Undertaker

The_Undertaker

My favorite Predator design of all time has to be Anytime, do I have to say more?

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

The first one, no hesitation here. Predator's mask especially is one of the coolest designs ever. In P2 tho, the mask looks like crap. imo

Cyraxcog117

Cyraxcog117

The one at the end of predator 2.  They made a action figure of it, it's called the lost predator

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hyperdyne on Jan 22, 2009, 05:54:22 PM
The first one, no hesitation here. Predator's mask especially is one of the coolest designs ever. In P2 tho, the mask looks like crap. imo

It makes him look like Daffy Duck :P

Predator King

Predator King

My favourite Predator design of all time has to be Predator 2. The weapons and armour were perfect and I liked the extra tusks as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed