AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 168,719 times)

Taraka

Taraka

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Oct 08, 2011, 11:04:34 PM
God those people at ADI have NO CLUE whatsoever...

Don't look at them, hate the director for making them do it. Look at Howard Berger and Greg Nicitero. They did a fine job in PREDATORS because Nimrod Antal and Robert Rodriguez didn't have them mess with the Classic predator design and did a good job choosing the "super pred" designs

Frankly if there's anything I don't like its Tom Woodruff. That little comment about Stan Winston he said in the Making of AVP book says hes an asshole to me. ("Thank you Stan for fooling handing over the keys to us!" is what I'm referring to.)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Pretty sure that was in a joking manner.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

They don't seem that bad. But their work is amateur compared to Stan Winston Studios or even KNB.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It can be seen that way because they had to follow directions from the directors, both times.
See Tremors to see how they're all but amateur.

Keith

Keith

Wolf was a better design than the Predatoids in the last film.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 09, 2011, 05:56:05 PM
It can be seen that way because they had to follow directions from the directors, both times.
See Tremors to see how they're all but amateur.

The design is on the directors, but the materials that ADI used to design the Predators is on themselves. It was their choice to use foam to design the Predator which wound up looking fake-looking.

Keith

Keith

The AVP 3 Stooges were definitely a bad design.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 09, 2011, 09:16:16 AM
Pretty sure that was in a joking manner.

I wasn't joking. ADI came up with those designs in the book right? Just look at them.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You know Woodruff worked at Stan Winston Studios before forming ADI right?

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Yes. Yes I do. I'm talking about those designs. The concept art. Im diggin at whoever came up with those.

Besides, work for and having the same skills are two completely different things. I can work for Gene Simmons. Doesnt mean ill be a marketing genius.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Vecrotus on Oct 09, 2011, 08:57:56 PM
The design is on the directors, but the materials that ADI used to design the Predators is on themselves. It was their choice to use foam to design the Predator which wound up looking fake-looking.
The AvP and AvPR Predators weren't any better -or worse- than the ones KNB made for Predators.
I personally don't think both were really fake looking. They just weren't as good as the Winston ones.

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Oct 09, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
I wasn't joking. ADI came up with those designs in the book right? Just look at them.  :-\
What are you talking about? My post was directed at Taraka's last sentence.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

The designs of the Super Predators weren't bad but could of been better if they had the netting. As for those sketches, they aren't too bad.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Oct 10, 2011, 06:17:35 PM
The designs of the Super Predators weren't bad but could of been better if they had the netting. As for those sketches, they aren't too bad.

I don't see how netting could make the designs better, that is a vary small detail that would probably go unnoticed most of the time.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 10, 2011, 03:13:32 PM
Quote from: Vecrotus on Oct 09, 2011, 08:57:56 PM
The AvP and AvPR Predators weren't any better -or worse- than the ones KNB made for Predators.
I personally don't think both were really fake looking. They just weren't as good as the Winston ones.

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Oct 09, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
What are you talking about? My post was directed at Taraka's last sentence.
The ones in Predators were waaaay more better looking. Even if they did stray far from the design everyone wants.

And oops, I thought u were telling him that u thought I was joking.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Simple thing - compare the Classic Predator to Scar, or Wolf. The quality of the skin is more or less along the same lines.

No worries for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed