Should they make a game like Aliens after Isolation?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 29, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

Author
Should they make a game like Aliens after Isolation? (Read 6,466 times)

WinterActual

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 29, 2014, 03:04:50 PM
Make a game on the same quality as Isolation.

You don't know what quality Isolation is.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 01, 2014, 05:57:04 PM
Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 29, 2014, 03:04:50 PM
Make a game on the same quality as Isolation.

You don't know what quality Isolation is.

true

SM

People would buy another game of colonial marines shooting Aliens - but no one's interested in a remake of A:CM.

DwayneHicks

The game should be remade. Some elements of the game like certain parts of the story where good and the game modes. But the overall game should have never have  came out in the state it did.

SM

That story is the last thing they should revisit.

WinterActual

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

Of course like bringing back Hicks. I would say the dlc Stasis Interrupted. I agree the game could have been way better but there are far worse and there definitely better games out there. Hopefully Alien isolation turns out to be a good game.

SM

Bringing back Hicks was the games biggest sin storywise.  And the explanation provided by Stasis Interrupted was faintly insulting.

WinterActual

Indeed. Hicks died on Fury 161.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2014, 06:07:35 AM
Bringing back Hicks was the games biggest sin storywise.  And the explanation provided by Stasis Interrupted was faintly insulting.

COMPLETLEY F**KING agree SM, I absolutely hated the fact that they would bring Hicks back like that. Hicks died in Alien 3. Plain and simple, no if's, and's or but's. The developers of ACM seemed like a bunch of little fan boys of Aliens who didn't care about the mythos or the chain of events in the series. "OH I just want to see Hicks again cause Aliens is the only one in the series I watch....awww boo hoo :(." Yeah cry me a river Gearbox. Get your s**t together and start appreciating the other sequels if your going to make video games based on the series. Thats why we got Alien Isolation because they NOW just realized how much of a good film Alien was and how they could take advantage of that atmosphere and feel and bring some of that horror back.

To me it seems like until recently Aliens got all the glory in the series from your average audience member. Alien surely has a lot of fans but Aliens is just overly glorified sometimes. I mean what makes Aliens SOO special compared to the other 3. I think the other 3 films accomplished A LOT and video game developers are NOW just starting to realize that? Before it was AVP and Aliens and all this actiony stuff. Now their going back to the basics with Alien and now their just finding out they might have something special on their hands. I don't know why Isolation wasn't an Idea they would of thought of long before ACM. Why did they have to jump into Aliens like that? They should of started with a game based off the original Alien to kick it off.

DwayneHicks

I do agree they could have brought Hicks back in a better way. The game was definitely more bad than good.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: DwayneHicks on Jul 02, 2014, 04:04:15 PM
I do agree they could have brought Hicks back in a better way. The game was definitely more bad than good.

Yeah I agree Dwayne, I mainly play Colonial Marines for the Nostalgia aspect of it. Other than that it was complete crap. I can't wait for Isolation to come out. I think since Isolation is being released it will make your average gamer/movie goer more appreciative of the original film and its sequels outside of Aliens.

Don't get me wrong I love Aliens just as much as the other films but it just F'ing bugs the s**t out of me when its the only Alien film that gets paid attention too. True movie goers and fans would appreciate all the films if they really did like the series. Aliens is surrounded by the events of Alien and Alien 3. You can't really ignore that and people who do are completely ignorant.

acrediblesource

If Isolation's concept of 1 alien/ few synthetics/ few personel / 1 large really detailed ship is successful enough they REALLY should try the exact same thing but turn it around and do it in Hadley's Hope. NOT remake ACM with high quality crap. A CRAP game is still CRAP. Garbage in Garbage out. 
I would prefer to be completely immersed in the HH and fight one alien rather than experience ACM all over again. The details doesn't help a skirmish game pace  like ACM.

OpenMaw

People are simply wrong when they say they could bring him back in a better way.

He was dead. Without a shadow of a doubt ever, no hint, no open ending. He was dead. The makers of Alien 3 didn't just kill Hicks, they mutilated the **** out of him. No hope intended. Then they burned his body. He was DEAD.

It just wasn't necessary, and it reeks of one of the biggest issues i've had with one of my other favorite franchises. Star Trek. The need for every story to have an "iconic thing or character" to tie it all back in and make it "more relevant." Good stories don't need that to work. None of the really good Alien/Predator games needed that to be as good as they were. Sure little easter eggs are nice, but.... I mean on top of his presence being ridiculous, it just never went anywhere. They never did anything with him. Hell, if you're gonna bring Hicks back, why not just let me PLAY HICKS? Make it a Duke Nukem meets Aliens thing. Hicks is back to wage war on the xenos baby! Have him whipping out one-liners. Go ape shit. Go one way or the other. Go insane, or actually take it seriously and deliver something compelling. Instead A:CM meandered.

A remake? No. Not event remotely something i'm interested in. However if they want to make an ALIENS game using the original idea of a tactical squad-based FPS game where you have to manage resources and fight off a horde of aliens, i'd be down for that. Something like what the old Space Hulk games were. Hell, i'd wager the NEW Space Hulk game will be closer to what A:CM should have been.

SM

QuoteThey never did anything with him.

Indeed.  What was the point of bringing him back?  He served no purpose other than to shoot the Bishop robot at the end 'cos he knew he was a robot.  Big whoop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed