GODZILLA- PS3

Started by KNIGHT, Jun 26, 2014, 03:36:22 AM

Author
GODZILLA- PS3 (Read 17,356 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Just played the demo that's available on the Jap PSN store for a bit. Initial awkward controls aside (top shoulder buttons to make Godzilla turn instead of the right stick ???) the game is really fun and easy to get into. I can see it getting repetitive, so if I ever get it it'll be that kind of game I pick up when I need mindless entertainment.

Also...
Spoiler
70's Mecha-G is a lil bitch. At least in the demo.
[close]

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

I will love if it is a game for the xbox but sounds awsome to play.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Just downloaded and played the demo twice all the way through.

Old school gamers won't have an issue with the controls. It's that original Resident Evil control scheme that makes it feel like you are playing a tank. (which actually lend themselves to a Godzilla game like this.) Godzilla feels BIG and HEAVY. This is not Destroy all Monsters Melee where you dance around and haul ass around a cartoon city picking up power ups. This is a pretty straight forward Godzilla simulation.

Graphics are nice but fire, sparks, and dust obscure that buildings tend to fall apart in unrealistic chunks. (It's still the best looking Godzilla game ever made ... but they could have made the destruction a tad more physics based and realistic.)

I fought Adult Mothra, and Hedorah on both play throughs. Some folks are saying they fight King Ghidorah and Mecha Godzilla but I saw no signs of them. *Edit ... fought Mothra Larva and MechaGodzilla 1974 on another play through.

The music is evocative of the early Heisei films and at times the late Showa. Sound effects are spot on. I loved the Japanese guys screaming/dieing over the radio when I crushed tanks and blew choppers out of the sky.

Moar please!

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

We just got confirmation at the Game Awards that the game is coming over Summer 2015 for PS3/4. :o ;D

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I'm still raging hard that this wont be for Xbox.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I wonder what they can do with the PS4 version to make it better looking. Or if it will just be a straight port. By the summer Japan will have likely amassed several new DLC playable skins/monsters. Hope they come with the American disk with some extra modes.

Either way! Good it's good news.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Dec 06, 2014, 06:48:35 AMBy the summer Japan will have likely amassed several new DLC playable skins/monsters. Hope they come with the American disk with some extra modes.

Either way! Good it's good news.

That's probably what the wait up until summer 2015 is for. Probably to patch the game too. Hyrule Warriors did the same thing earlier this year except the wait wasn't this long. :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I guess the PS4 version will be a upscale version of the PS3. The PS3 version is pretty much a budget title game.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Gigan(GFW) is supposed to be the final monster according to Famitsu.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Been playing the f**k out of the demo. Smashing cities as Godzilla is very therapeutic and fighting his iconic enemies in-between really makes it feel like the best part of a Godzilla film that you're actually playing.

I finally did run into King Ghidorah and got my Godzilla ass handed to me. He was incredibly huge and absorbed so much of the damage I was dealing without so much as a quarter of his life bar being taken away.

Here is most of the demo for those who don't have Japanese PSN accounts or PS3s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN8gaqctG-Q

Certainly hope they'll release all the different Godzilla's we've had over the years as playable skin/characters. I'd love to play as the late 70's G with this special move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4#ws

With that music too!  ;D

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

About time chainsaw Gigan got a video game appearance. 8)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Xdki9w1cs#ws

This just in, the Godzooky hype can't be stopped.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

My copy is flying across the Pacific as we speak. Should be here very soon!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed