Things You Want in the New Predator Film

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 11:52:10 PM

Author
Things You Want in the New Predator Film (Read 15,449 times)

Russ

Quote from: MH-875 on Aug 03, 2014, 02:37:06 AM
"An experienced hunter.  The end of the universe.  He thought it was going to be an easy hunt.  He was wrong."

You win the thread.

MH-875

*Takes his shiny new thread for a spin only to have it scratched by someone's shopping cart/trolley in a parking lot.*

cheachea

cheachea

Things I want :

1. The Exact Same People/Team who made the first and second Predator Costume and face Animatronics and make up to make this movie's Predator so they can actually get it right again.

2. Super realistic and BELIEVABLE CGI and to Not Over Do it.

3. No Super Predators

4. Realistic Gore and Violence.

5. R Rating.

6. A Legit Good Story .

7. Modern or Future Story Setting. I don't want to see George Washington verses a Predator.

8. Somehow connect it to the first movie with the same vibe.

9. No female Characters and I especially don't want some Unrealistic Tomb Raider skinny Chick acting like a badass and being able to take out grown men that out weigh her by at least a 100 pounds. I can't stand that Shit. We need some Legit Soldiers like the first movie.

10. Show at least 2 or 3 minutes of the Predator home world.

Russ

Quote from: cheachea on Aug 04, 2014, 09:48:39 PM

9. No female Characters and I especially don't want some Unrealistic Tomb Raider skinny Chick acting like a badass and being able to take out grown men that out way her by at least a 100 pounds. I can't stand that Shit. We need some Legit Soldiers like the first movie.

This is interesting. I can't really think of any fantasy action movies that don't have a the "tough chick" in them. The "tough chick" is almost like the grumpy captain of cop movies who suspends people with full pay because they don't play by the book but always get results. Now get the hell out of here. (then, when the hero has exited he shakes his head and laughs "Crazy son of a bitch...")

Honestly - I think there will be a woman in the new one and it wouldn't surprise me if she was the lead. I'd call her "Ripley" - just to send people into melt down and then act all innocent and say "its just a name." Or Schaeffer. That'd be a sly one, too.

MH-875

Quote from: Russ on Aug 05, 2014, 08:49:19 AM

Or Schaeffer. That'd be a sly one, too.

Bite your tongue!

I'm paranoid (I'm sure unreasonably so) that scriptwriters trawl forums such as these for inspiration.

Predator: The Revenge

Opening scene: Convalescent home, where we meet a young woman visiting her prematurely aged father.

Ms. Schaeffer: "Don't worry, daddy, I'll get those muthafu**ckers"

Dutch (a distant look in his eyes): "Dey won't kill you if you unahhmed!"

SM

Quote9. No female Characters and I especially don't want some Unrealistic Tomb Raider skinny Chick acting like a badass and being able to take out grown men that out way her by at least a 100 pounds. I can't stand that Shit. We need some Legit Soldiers like the first movie.

No fuggin chickz in my oiled up muscley sausage fest!!!

cheachea

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2014, 10:01:42 PM
Quote9. No female Characters and I especially don't want some Unrealistic Tomb Raider skinny Chick acting like a badass and being able to take out grown men that out way her by at least a 100 pounds. I can't stand that Shit. We need some Legit Soldiers like the first movie.

No fuggin chickz in my oiled up muscley sausage fest!!!

LOLZ  :D

Russ

Quote from: MH-875 on Aug 05, 2014, 04:51:45 PM
Bite your tongue!

If its set in the future, I can imagine that they could consider it. Figure also -- we know that "Dutch" is Alan Shaeffer. But we're a teeny-tiny percentage of people that'd see the movie (and have seen all the others).  It'd be ace seeing all the fan forums going into melt-down over it, though.

Also - no one's up in arms about Amanda Ripley in Isolation (I don't know much EU stuff, but I'm guessing she's an untapped resource in terms of (dare I say the word) canon). Putting Ms Shaeffer in there doesn't reek of crushing continuity (indeed, I can almost hear them saying "we want to have some continuity with the first classic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Our movie shares the first one's DNA... in this case, figuratively and literally").

Of course, its pure hypothesis - but if it were me, I'd definitely do it (do it now!). Lt Shaeffer the woman who followed in her father's Army bootsteps, Dr Shaeffer, the woman who got into science to study ET ("It's a passion project of hers... You know her father went up against one of those things in the 80s?" "Great, just what we need on this mission - a desk jockey with Daddy issues")...

But then, I'm a total hack and Shane Black is a genius, so he probably wouldn't even consider allowing it.

overthere

I'll be easy to please because I just want new footage of Predator(s) hunting and killing humans.

Bonus points:

Having the story relate to Dutch and his team, possibly Arnold's cameo where we see Dutch is obsessed with Predators, has a bunch of news articles cut out and is analyzing any UFO reports, stuff like that.  It wouldn't be wise to have Dutch deal with a Predator in person again, he proved himself already, I'd say Predators respect him.

Have the Predator survive at the end. We're Predator fans, not Team Human fans.

Reveal some new things about them, as they probably will as Shane said there's a lot to mine in the mythology, but don't reveal too much. A lot of Predator's epicness is in the mystery around them. Having scenes like them going about their business on their home planet might ruin it, unless that business is all about the hunt. It's hard to imagine how they sit down and talk about new strategies or weapons designs like they're business men, but something like that is going on if we can assume they created their technology. We don't need to see that, let them remain a mystery for the most part, but do reveal new things concerning ther ethics, way of thinking, why they hunt, etc. In short, reveal more about the badass stuff, hold mystery the other stuff.

If it's a prequel, connect it to the original, for example having the original Predator there somewhere even though it's set 200 years before.

Predator movies are not easy to do because you can't make a story about an alien hunter killing humans many times before you're out of ideas. So the story should be something bigger than that.

But as I've said, I just love seeing Predators on screen doing what they do. I doubt any new Predator movie can ever top the original, but I have a feeling this new one will be a step into the right direction and something the fans will enjoy.

SM

QuoteAlso - no one's up in arms about Amanda Ripley in Isolation

Lot of people were.  Some still are I suppose.

It's easily the weakest aspect of the story.

Russ

Quote from: overthere on Aug 06, 2014, 11:57:45 AM
Have the Predator survive at the end. We're Predator fans, not Team Human fans.

True, but most cinema-goers probably wouldn't relate that? The Predator can't win; well he can, but I'd be amazed if he did!

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2014, 12:14:05 PM

I've not read anything but excitement about how epic its going to be - that's not saying that there aren't naysayers, I'm sure there are loads on this board come to think of it (I tend to only flirt with the games conversations).

But as I've said elsewhere, with fans, creators are often on a hiding to nothing - haters gonna hate - its a rare thing that's not ruining it for someone. I'm excited to see how they write Amanda in, is it going to "fit" with the "Aliens" storyline and all that stuff.

But, on topic, I don't think it's too far a stretch to imagine that Black and co will want to tie something in to the first movie (more than just "the situation" of the Predator? Daughter of Shaeffer is the easy option, but as I say above, I'm sure Shane Black is a lot smarter than that.

But I'd still do it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Aug 06, 2014, 12:33:06 PMI've not read anything but excitement about how epic its going to be - that's not saying that there aren't naysayers, I'm sure there are loads on this board come to think of it (I tend to only flirt with the games conversations).

When it was announced, beaucoup fans were annoyed that they were apparently shoehorning another Ripley in there, contrary to what we (supposedly) know from the films.

The reason you don't hear it much now is because I think people are getting genuinely excited by what we're being shown.

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2014, 03:11:30 PM

When it was announced, beaucoup fans were annoyed that they were apparently shoehorning another Ripley in there, contrary to what we (supposedly) know from the films.

The reason you don't hear it much now is because I think people are getting genuinely excited by what we're being shown.

I refuse to believe that fans would actually condemn something utterly based on nothing but a press release and a single out of focus picture and then start screaming that the game would be shit and bury the franchise forever.

Oh, wait...

HuDaFuK

What out of focus picture? They were annoyed because sticking Amanda Ripley into the game adds the likelihood of daft plot contrivances, same as with Ellen in Out of the Shadows.

And most people dismissed the game because Colonial Marines was a total clusterf*ck. I think they're entitled to some cynicism after that steaming pile.

MH-875

Quote from: Russ on Aug 06, 2014, 11:10:44 AM

If its set in the future, I can imagine that they could consider it. Figure also -- we know that "Dutch" is Alan Shaeffer. But we're a teeny-tiny percentage of people that'd see the movie (and have seen all the others).  It'd be ace seeing all the fan forums going into melt-down over it, though.

The more you flesh it out Russ, the more plausible it sounds and the more convinced I am that Hollywood is going to go for that level of continuity *nod*.  "Look!  It's Dutch's daughter so you know that even if she's just a desk jockey her sudden display of badassery is not at all incongruous."

Hell, were I Hollywood I would do it too because I want my science fiction/action/fantasy films to make heaps of money.  If I tell a relatively faultless story with those genres, it's a happy accident.

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2014, 12:14:05 PM

For certain her inclusion makes me nod and say, "Of course they went that route."  But for me the Alien's origin has the potential to make that weakness look like bedrock, especially if it turns out the beast is Kane's Son.  That soap opera-level of storytelling is like bringing back two obviously dead characters by cloning... oh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed