Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,401 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Bah, just use a subtitle and call it at day. At the end of the day, whatever they call it, it's the forth film in the series.

Magegg

I don't even think the "skin ages" explanation would even be touched in the movie. I think it's basically an explanation they invented for the people asking why the T-800 will look so old on this  ;D

happypred

When I think re-boot, I think re-make as in Total Recall 2012. That scares me...

Ghostface

The only way I can see Annie returning is as an old advisor, kinda like Keyes. He could hunt the predator with his elite team (enter the new blood) without having to do unbelievable stunts at his age.

happypred

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2014, 06:32:22 AM
The only way I can see Annie returning is as an old advisor, kinda like Keyes. He could hunt the predator with his elite team (enter the new blood) without having to do unbelievable stunts at his age.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2014, 06:32:22 AM

This would be ideal. It would satisfy fans both old and new..

Question is, where exactly should the setting be? On Earth, if so then where? We've done the jungle twice, we've done the urban environment, we've done Antarctica and of course a sleepy town in the mid-west. Now what other type of environments are out there that we haven't seen? A subterranean environment would be interesting. So would of course be the desert.

Or should it be a period piece? A movie set in the past? No, that would make it a prequel which is not what this film is. A movie set in the future would be interesting and you could do a lot with that.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2014, 06:32:22 AMThe only way I can see Annie returning is as an old advisor, kinda like Keyes. He could hunt the predator with his elite team (enter the new blood) without having to do unbelievable stunts at his age.
Yeah something like this is the only way I could see it working.

I hate how people go on and on about getting Arnie back to fight the Predator. The thing virtually beat him to death back when the guy was at his physical peak, there's no way he could believably square off against one at his age now. Having him in an advisory or managerial role is the only way I'd buy him being in the movie, and to be honest I quite like that idea.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 26, 2014, 07:51:04 AM
I hate how people go on and on about getting Arnie back to fight the Predator. The thing virtually beat him to death back when the guy was at his physical peak, there's no way he could believably square off against one at his age now. Having him in an advisory or managerial role is the only way I'd buy him being in the movie, and to be honest I quite like that idea.

Agreed.

Ghostface

I also want to see new predator technology to combat our modern advancements in military technology. The first film had a cat and mouse finale stripping back to primitive methods, I'd be interested in going the other way completely.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2014, 09:25:37 AM
I also want to see new predator technology to combat our modern advancements in military technology. The first film had a cat and mouse finale stripping back to primitive methods, I'd be interested in going the other way completely.

I like the way you think.

Okay guys. Schwarzenegger, Glover, Brody... who's the next guy? Hemsworth?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 26, 2014, 09:31:31 AMOkay guys. Schwarzenegger, Glover, Brody... who's the next guy? Hemsworth?
How the hell should we know?

Why don't you just wait for an official cast announcement. Unless Shane Black's loitering around here somewhere...

Spooky Baz

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 26, 2014, 09:35:34 AM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 26, 2014, 09:31:31 AMOkay guys. Schwarzenegger, Glover, Brody... who's the next guy? Hemsworth?
How the hell should we know?

Why don't you just wait for an official cast announcement. Unless Shane Black's loitering around here somewhere...

Surely speculation and discussion is what a fan forum is for, no?

Once we know who's cast, discussion will descend into "what a great choice/what a shit choice/why didn't they consult me debate", which is infinitely less interesting.

Hemsworth seems like a solid choice to me. I'd like to see someone like Jason Statham in a supporting role maybe, issuing the odd cynical one-liner. Definitely no Ryan Reynolds-types being a sarky bastard on a constant basis - that'd get annoying real quick.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The way he asked made it sound like we were gonna definitively decide who's gonna be in the film.

They'll cast who they want to cast. Frankly the leads in the films so far have been so varied I don't see much point in guessing. Especially as the film was only announced two days ago.

Spooky Baz

It's fun to guess though. Half this forum is dedicated to people sculpting the perfect Alien/Predator film from their imaginations. It's a good thing. It breeds discussion. :)

Ghostface

Manu Bennett would be good for it too

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed