Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,381 times)

ShadowPred

Lol think my post got deleted by accident or something. Ah well, won't bother typing it again.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

QuoteOK OK wait, let me sum up here...

No one wants Arnie back despite most of you all liking his new action flicks and you all want new Conan, True Lies 2, Terminator 5,6,7,8,9,10... flicks etc... :o Some how that is a step back and a bad move  :o k.

Yet I'm hearing votes for a pathetic Gladiator rip off! well geez...errrr yeah.

No one wants the film set on a Pred homeworld/colony/base etc...
No Pred cultural stuff or politics.

Can't be set in a jungle, city or snowy terrain.

And it must avoid anything to do with the 94 RR script for some reason.

So...basically you're not too picky then are you, what's left guys? a Pred challenging Vin Diesel to a game of conkers?
This is why California is strict on immigration...

Nightmare Asylum

I have no problem with Arnie coming back. In fact, news of his return would excite me immensely. His return to this series would make a hell of a lot more sense than him returning to Terminator.

I just hope that they surround him with a bunch more interesting guys (and maybe some girls--like, more than one--too! :o ) as well.

Spoonman101

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 03:40:57 AM
Lol think my post got deleted by accident or something. Ah well, won't bother typing it again.
The admins and moderators are trying to  prevent this thread from steering off topic. So if anything is to silly or irrelevant it will be deleted.

Hubbs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 26, 2014, 03:44:58 AM
I have no problem with Arnie coming back. In fact, news of his return would excite me immensely. His return to this series would make a hell of a lot more sense than him returning to Terminator.

I just hope that they surround him with a bunch more interesting guys (and maybe some girls--like, more than one--too! :o ) as well.

Exactly, how the hell is he still in that franchise??!!

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 26, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

He simply got offered the job. In an interview from a few weeks ago, Arnold himself says that he was surprised that they would recast everyone else except him.

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 26, 2014, 03:33:48 AM
Reading this thread hurts.

And it only got announced the day before yesterday!

There's year and years of this glorious drivel to come!!

Prometheus forum on roids, yo!

Hubbs

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 03:57:04 AM

He simply got offered the job. In an interview from a few weeks ago, Arnold himself says that he was surprised that they would recast everyone else except him.

Yeah but how on earth can they write him back into the franchise? surely he's too old and that Terminator model would be scraped by now (in the films universe).

Nightmare Asylum

His age doesn't bother me at all. It's just the fact that the T-800 is supposed to be an infiltrator, but just about every one that we've seen has the same skin. You'd think the resistance would catch on to the look by now :P

Crazy Rich

Hubbs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 26, 2014, 04:03:38 AM
His age doesn't bother me at all. It's just the fact that the T-800 is supposed to be an infiltrator, but just about every one that we've seen has the same skin. You'd think the resistance would catch on to the look by now :P

True, Skynet would need to keep changing the face model (oh and Arnie is too old ;) unless they use the same model but now aged...same problem as you mentioned though).

SiL

Hubbs entering any sequel/prequel/remake/reboot thread

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 26, 2014, 04:01:00 AM

Yeah but how on earth can they write him back into the franchise? surely he's too old and that Terminator model would be scraped by now (in the films universe).

There is supposed to be some cray as f**k time travel shenanigans where the Terminator from the first movie is somehow reprogrammed for good. Apparently the Terminator managed to stay alive long enough for his exterior flesh to have aged over the years. THEN we get more time travel madness....

The skin ages, is basically the answer.

Hubbs

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 04:06:32 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 26, 2014, 04:01:00 AM

There is supposed to be some cray as f**k time travel shenanigans where the Terminator from the first movie is somehow reprogrammed for good. Apparently the Terminator managed to stay alive long enough for his exterior flesh to have aged over the years. THEN we get more time travel madness....

:o  :o  :o

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 04:06:32 AM

As much as I don't like the idea of an old T-800, the skin aging does hold logical precedence and makes sense. Thinking about that now.. I'm kind of warming up to the idea since it does help them blend better.

Back on topic... We all know that this is going to be a sequel. But a sequel to which films? Predator? Predator 2? Predators? We can only speculate at this point, but I am wondering exactly what the ideas are and how they will fit the Predator character.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed