Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,350 times)

Hubbs

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 26, 2014, 03:08:07 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 26, 2014, 03:04:05 AM
I've said it twice now and I'll say it again...

Here's a thought, seeing as Arnie is still desperate to make everyone believe he is still young and badass why not offer him Predator 3. While we're at it lets get Glover back too, old man Dutch and old man Harrigan back to fight the Preds. Now wouldn't that be kickass eh, no need for a stupid reboot that will bomb, lets utilise Arnie while we still can and while he's up for it. Sounds like the perfect retro reboot sequel to me.

That's all you need for a solid sequel, bring back the old boys with a few newbies and have them battle it out in a futuristic city on Earth (continuing on from Pred 2) or another planet/colony somewhere (like Aliens).

Or how about they find a Predator colony/planet/moon/base and send the old boys with some newbies to find out what they can and then nuke the site from orbit resulting in a last man standing pitch battle.

Arnold's not trying to convince anyone he's young and badass. In his recent action movies, he acknowledges the fact that he's old. Can't believe anyone would complain about more Arnold. What kinda movie fans are you?

This also, lol, is not a damn reboot. Hahahaha.

Oh its a reboot of sorts trust me, this ain't no all out sequel  ::)

And I'm not complaining about more Arnie (at the moment despite the fact he's too old), I'm saying he should be in this new film with Glover to take on the Predator. That is the only way forward in my eyes, same kinda shit, throw in some newer muscle for Pred fodder and voila!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 26, 2014, 03:19:25 AM
I'm saying he should be in this new film with Glover to take on the Predator.

Glover is pushing seventy as it is.. By the time this movie is in it's shooting stages, he might already end up being seventy! He's too old for this shit! Funny thing is, he's even said in an interview regarding if he would return for PREDATORS was that he was done with the franchise. So no, we're not getting Glover any time soon or at all.

ShadowPred

Hubbs be madness. Wanting Glover to be in this movie, LAWL!

"The only way forward in my eyes."

Hubbs, that is a massive step backwards here. Having Glover and Arnie in this movie taking on the Predator, wut? What for?!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 03:26:05 AM
Hubbs, that is a massive step backwards here. Having Glover and Arnie in this movie taking on the Predator, wut? What for?!

And having it set on the Predator homeworld, moon, colony... Sounds like the bad fanfiction Rodriguez wrote in 1994!

ShadowPred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 26, 2014, 03:26:50 AM

And having it set on the Predator homeworld, moon, colony... Sounds like the bad fanfiction Rodriguez wrote in 1994!

I can't help but chuckle every time I'm reminded of that script.

Magegg

I think an interesting idea could be around the Predator ship or weaponry. Humans stealing the Predator's weapons and the pred would have to fight them without any equipment.

Maybe an idea like a gladiator arena could be nice as well :)

Cvalda

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 26, 2014, 03:19:25 AM
Oh its a reboot of sorts trust me, this ain't no all out sequel  ::)
Neither was Predator 2...or Predators... ::)

ShadowPred

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 03:27:40 AM

I see what you did there.

Magegg

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

I see what you did there.
I don't D:

RakaiThwei

Depends on how it's pulled off.. If it's on the Predator homeworld or something, that just screams the 1994 script which I think we want to avoid!

Hubbs

Hubbs be madness. Wanting Glover to be in this movie, LAWL!

"The only way forward in my eyes."

I don't really wanna see another band of roided up meatheads that are shoveled in front of a Pred to get blown apart. Glover can always play a part with more dialog over action, that's not hard. Are you guys seriously telling me you think THAT'S funny when we are seeing Harrison Ford in Expendables 3 and the new Star Wars films  :o pot calling kettle black much?!

Arnie is perfect for the part now, he's dying to do more action flicks to prove to us he's still got it, so let the man kill stuff.

Have them both in the film and get wasted in a blaze of glory, now that would be original seeing Arnie getting killed off.

Blacklabel

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 26, 2014, 03:27:32 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 26, 2014, 03:26:50 AM

I can't help but chuckle every time I'm reminded of that script.

Best prequel to the old arcade Alien vs Predator... EVER.

Spoonman101

Here's a thought, seeing as Arnie is still desperate to make everyone believe he is still young and badass why not offer him Predator 3. While we're at it lets get Glover back too, old man Dutch and old man Harrigan back to fight the Preds. Now wouldn't that be kickass eh, no need for a stupid reboot that will bomb, lets utilise Arnie while we still can and while he's up for it. Sounds like the perfect retro reboot sequel to me.

That's all you need for a solid sequel, bring back the old boys with a few newbies and have them battle it out in a futuristic city on Earth (continuing on from Pred 2) or another planet/colony somewhere (like Aliens).

Or how about they find a Predator colony/planet/moon/base and send the old boys with some newbies to find out what they can and then nuke the site from orbit resulting in a last man standing pitch battle.
Great, not only do you want to ruin the sequel but what's left of Arnie's career as well. What did the man ever do to you?

Nightmare Asylum

Reading this thread hurts.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 26, 2014, 03:32:15 AM

Great, not only do you want to ruin the sequel but what's left of Arnie's career as well. What did the man ever do to you?

OK OK wait, let me sum up here...

No one wants Arnie back despite most of you all liking his new action flicks and you all want new Conan, True Lies 2, Terminator 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12...flicks etc...Some how that is a step back and a bad move :o k.

Yet I'm hearing votes for a pathetic Gladiator rip off! well geez...errrr yeah.

No one wants the film set on a Pred homeworld/colony/base etc...
No Pred cultural stuff or politics.

Can't be set in a jungle, city or snowy terrain.

And it must avoid anything to do with the 94 RR script for some reason.

So...basically you're not too picky then are you, what's left guys? a Pred challenging Vin Diesel to a game of conkers?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed