Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,423 times)

DoomRulz

Nightmare Asylum

Reading through this thread, and people are getting way too hung up on the word "reboot" (which is understandable, since I don't think anyone, even Hollywood, knows what it means at this point).

But the way I see it is, we were never going to get a direct sequel to Predators, so whether the new movie is advertised as a reboot or sequel or whatever its going to be its own thing just like all three films to date have been.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 12:13:00 PMHow about his role as Riddick or Dominic Torreto? He was pure charisma there! Or in Find me Guilty. He is great!
He was decent in Pitch Black, but not the other Riddick films. And in the F&F franchise he's just an immovable object, he doesn't really have any personality.

Ghostface

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 12:30:58 PM
We had. Brody in Ps.

I'd take Brody over someone like Bautista as the lead any day

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 25, 2014, 12:40:04 PMI'd take Brody over someone like Bautista as the lead any day
Brody's a great actor, the script in Predators just gave him nothing to do. For what it's worth, I thought he did quite a good job of playing a character that was clearly outside his comfort zone.

Ghostface

His acting was fine, people are just pissed that he didn't hit the roids long enough.

HuDaFuK

I actually thought he looked the part just fine. But the script made his character out to be an Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Adrien Brody just isn't that. Still, I genuinely enjoyed his attempt.

Ghostface

I'm with you. Arnie was perfect for Predator, but he was hardly a realistic commando.

Master

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 25, 2014, 12:40:04 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 12:30:58 PM
We had. Brody in Ps.

I'd take Brody over someone like Bautista as the lead any day

Me too. I'm not saying he was bad. Just stating the fact something like this already happened.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2014, 12:35:26 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 12:13:00 PMHow about his role as Riddick or Dominic Torreto? He was pure charisma there! Or in Find me Guilty. He is great!
He was decent in Pitch Black, but not the other Riddick films. And in the F&F franchise he's just an immovable object, he doesn't really have any personality.

He was very good in FF 1&2. I don't recognize any other ;D

He is very good actor for an action hero. He is my first choice for Predator franchise foryears now.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 12:50:39 PMHe was very good in FF 1&2. I don't recognize any other ;D

He is very good actor for an action hero. He is my first choice for Predator franchise foryears now.
Lol Diesel wasn't even in the second Fast & Furious film!

He's not a terrible actor - he's actually quite good in Saving Private Ryan (people always forget he started in that) - but with action heroes charisma is usually more important than acting ability. Arnie can't act, but he has huge charisma. Same with Sylvester Stallone, or Dwayne Johnson. They aren't particularly great actors (although they have had their moments) but their charisma makes them likeable. Diesel doesn't really have any likeable charisma, for me at least. I enjoy seeing him in films, but I don't really root for him.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 25, 2014, 12:44:40 PM
His acting was fine, people are just pissed that he didn't hit the roids long enough.

Nah, I think he looked the part just fine. He just didn't have much to work with and, in the end, was kind of just there. He pretty much just said his lines and moved to the next set piece, not unlike Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Godzilla, though Adrien Brody was nowhere near as boring as he was.

I like Brody and still maintain that he was an excellent choice for the film. He wasn't bad, he just... wasn't really memorable, unfortunately.

Aspie

Where else could they possibly hunt? We did the jungle twice and the city.

Although I would not mind if this was based on that Predator game Concrete Jungle, which was brilliant.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 25, 2014, 01:13:51 PMAlthough I would not mind if this was based on that Predator game Concrete Jungle, which was brilliant.
The story in that was great. You'd need a huge budget to realise it though, with the future city setting. Also I dunno how well a Predator leading character would work in a movie.

Aspie

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2014, 01:15:59 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Jun 25, 2014, 01:13:51 PMAlthough I would not mind if this was based on that Predator game Concrete Jungle, which was brilliant.
The story in that was great. You'd need a huge budget to realise it though, with the future city setting. Also I dunno how well a Predator leading character would work in a movie.

Mannnnn Shane Black should be oozing with money after his shit-directing rode on Marvel's reputation and scored a billion for IM3  :P

Plus a Predator lead character does sound risky, but it might be just what the franchise needs. I think it would be amaze if done correctly.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2014, 12:34:44 PM
But the way I see it is, we were never going to get a direct sequel to Predators, so whether the new movie is advertised as a reboot or sequel or whatever its going to be its own thing just like all three films to date have been.

That's fine, considering Predators sucked. I just wanted a continuation of the Predator story, with the same concept of a lone Predator hunting a group of soldiers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed