Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,995 times)

worldpeace

worldpeace

rating will let us know what the tone of this movie will be. i hope its bleak hard R rating. gory as f**k. but prometheus pg13 is more likely . shane "geez you gotta big pussy" black wrote lethal weapon and now a new predator film .. im impressed . arnold ? is that you ?

Master

Greatly appealing thing about Predator (thanks to P2) is diversity of times and settings you can use. It's beyond me why majority thinks using same old, same old will be best. It's like eating same shit over and over again. I can't believe trying something new is worse then that.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 09:55:06 AMGreatly appealing thing about Predator (thanks to P2) is diversity of times and settings you can use. It's beyond me why majority thinks using same old, same old will be best. It's like eating same shit over and over again. I can't believe trying something new is worse then that.
Same old makes money. Look at Call of Duty.

Master

And what it have to do with us fans? I don't give a shit about money, that's studios problem . I  good, fresh movie. What do you want?

HuDaFuK

I never said I agreed with it. But the studio cares about money above anything else.

Master

I know, why wouldn't they? But what you really want?

worldpeace

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2014, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 09:38:56 AMf**k no to Vietnam. No jungle, I tired of jungle. Deserts, Mediterranean islands, volcanic islands or even hot summer in central Europe/USA but please no more jungle.
I think the Predator just belongs in the jungle. The dense foliage compliments its active camouflage. I agree it felt forced in Predators, but with Vietnam you at least have a legitimate reason for things to take place in the jungle. Plus you also have war torn city settings you could use, such as Hue. I imagine you could make a great horror scene with a Predator in VC spider holes too. Not to mention Keyes actually says the Predators were in Vietnam in Predator 2.

Quote from: worldpeace on Jun 25, 2014, 09:41:31 AMif he hires legend studios and gets 100 million+ budget and proper casting then im confident i will enjoy this.
Predator was made for $15 million. Big budget in no way equals good movie.
no but it increases the amount and quality in predator makeup  effects cgi , perhaps big name stars and good quality sets and studio and overall quality in the look and resources for the films artists. also 15 million wa a lot of cash in 1986. the economy has changed hugely

HuDaFuK

Quote from: worldpeace on Jun 25, 2014, 10:15:23 AMno but it increases the amount and quality in predator makeup  effects cgi , perhaps big name stars and good quality sets and studio and overall quality in the look and resources for the films artists. also 15 million wa a lot of cash in 1986. the economy has changed hugely
Predator looks great. So does Aliens, and that didn't cost that much more to make. With clever filmmaking, you don't need a big budget.

Look at the Transformers movies. They have colossal budgets, and they suck. Fair enough they look very pretty, but in every other way they're awful.

marrerom

I think i speak for everyone when i say that as long as this reboot doesn't:

A) turn out to be a remake

and

B) separate its self from the other films continuity wise.

then this is the best thing to happen to the predator since the first film. This is very exciting news.

DoomRulz

I'm kind of torn on this. I'm glad Shane Black is in charge but, it's still a reboot of a classic film. I can guarantee the Predator they end up having won't look as good as Anytime.

Master

I love Predator and it's sequel. Remaking it is suicide, cause you can't do better. I'll wait, see it and judge it. If it's shit, I still have two films I love.

DoomRulz

I think with this reboot, unlike others Hollywood has done in the past six years or so, this one could actually be really good. I have faith in Mr. Black (an inside Pred reference, who knew).

Master

I still have impression it's as much of remake as PS was. Let's wait and see what the man in charge have to say about it.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I'm sure Shane Black of all people is really gonna want to do a remake of his first film.  ::)

(he helped write it btw. A decent chunk of the dialogue we love from Predator is his.)

He's the only writer/director i'd trust to easily deliver a film on par with the first. Definitely not a fanwanky hack like Rodriguez or a generic director like Antall.

The real question is who should be the lead.... I say, let's bring the ROCK into this. X)  :laugh: Dude can handle the physicality, drama and sell the fun dialogue.

Master

Vin Diesel, Dwayne ROCK Johnson, Manu Bennet and Gerard Buttler are first few that come in to my mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed