Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators?

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 29, 2014, 12:58:45 AM

Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators?

Predator
14 (43.8%)
Predator 2
11 (34.4%)
Predators
1 (3.1%)
AVP
0 (0%)
AVPR
6 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators? (Read 3,624 times)

LastSurvivor92

Vote Above! To be honest out of all the Predator films I thought Wolf from AVPR was the MOST kickass. Things get out of control because of the events from the first AVP and the Aliens are starting to overrun this small town. So the Predators catch wind of this. There intention was NEVER to wipe out Earth or "kill all humans". Their there to basically just hunt Aliens and use a few humans to do that. They just wanted to do some hunting and go on their merry way. Things get out of control so they have to clean up their mess ok and they also need to cover their tracks. So they send down this 'cleaner' Wolf who is my favorite Predator. Wolf was the ONE redeeming quality of the WHOLE film itself. Wolf was badass. The situation was obviously bigger than they anticipated and Wolf should of returned back up to the planet. Thats the nice thing about it is that there's a bleakness to it and a sense of impending doom.

SiL

Wolf was terrible at his job.

Went for the first. Who remains about the only competent one, followed by the second Predator, followed by Scar.

happypred

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2014, 01:11:23 AM
Wolf was terrible at his job.

Depends on how you measure performance. He lacked tactical acumen...but he still managed to slaughter a bunch of aliens

p1nk81cd

The City 'Demon' Hunter. He's a skilful warrior, performing great feats of carnage and keeping himself unseen to the world- save for Keyes and his team. Though he blunders a heckuva lot after getting gunned down by Harrison, the guy just keeps on rolling and even succeeded in a one armed duel...but his gloating became his undoing.

RakaiThwei

I would definitely have to say Ghost Predator, or City Hunter to you folks here.. I actually liked him because he was a Predator who had displayed a sense of martial skill. Rather than taking the stealth approach which Diablo or Jungle Hunter did, he was more of a close quarters kind of Hunter and really seemed to enjoy that approach. He fought the way which I felt Predators could fight, especially with the staff when he was slaughtering Keyes' men in the meat house.

For a younger and inexperienced Hunter, he was quite talented and showed a lot of potential. He had skill, he had talent and he didn't fight like a damn ape like the Super Predators did in PREDATORS.

SiL

Quote from: happypred on May 29, 2014, 03:03:40 AM
Depends on how you measure performance.
By his ability to do anything competently. Which he didn't.

happypred

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2014, 04:49:41 AMBy his ability to do anything competently. Which he didn't.

Of the 15 or so aliens he killed, he "competently" killed at least several

Master

Quote from: happypred on May 29, 2014, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2014, 04:49:41 AMBy his ability to do anything competently. Which he didn't.

He was a fool. The fact his enemies were bigger fools, doesn't change that.

SiL

Those being the ones he shot.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2014, 12:15:03 PM
Those being the ones he shot.

...the one he snuck up on as it was feeding
the one he garotted with his whip
the one he destroyed with his whip as it prepared to pounce on him from behind

Oh yeah...the two he nailed with his shurikens, with which he displayed some pretty good aim. These are just off the top of my head

ArcticHuntress

Jungle Hunter is the best. Took out two entire squads of elite commandos in one hunt (plus a few rebels) and would have easily killed the second team's leader Dutch but for his misfortune of standing under the final trap's counterweight.

Not that the others were all terrible. City Hunter has a great kill count. I always felt that his youthful inexperience is what let him down in the end, he made almost the same mistake that got Celtic killed. Thinking he had his prey beaten and savouring his advantage instead of making a quick finishing move. Thinking a victory is assured before the game is over has been the downfall of many Predators.

happypred

Quote from: ArcticHuntress on May 29, 2014, 07:11:53 PM
Jungle Hunter is the best. Took out two entire squads of elite commandos in one hunt (plus a few rebels) and would have easily killed the second team's leader Dutch but for his misfortune of standing under the final trap's counterweight.

Not that the others were all terrible. City Hunter has a great kill count. I always felt that his youthful inexperience is what let him down in the end, he made almost the same mistake that got Celtic killed. Thinking he had his prey beaten and savouring his advantage instead of making a quick finishing move. Thinking a victory is assured before the game is over has been the downfall of many Predators.
Uh...I'd say Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Celtic all made the same mistake

SiL

Most Predators have died for the same reason: They get cocky.

Scree

For me it's Wolf from AVP:Requiem. Easily. Not just his whole appearance but also how he behaved and fought.

Master

Which was lousy at best. His apperence was cool, I admitt. But rest was shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed