A:CM for Xbox 360 is $9.99 this week

Started by Local Trouble, May 27, 2014, 05:24:13 PM

Author
A:CM for Xbox 360 is $9.99 this week (Read 3,006 times)

SM

SM

Think I paid $5 for mine on Steam.

Still don't have a graphic card so I can play it properly.  Once the shooting starts it's unplayable.

PsyKore

Quote from: Sadogoat on Jun 13, 2014, 11:38:47 AM
According to my Steam profile, I've spent 205 hours on Aliens: Colonial Marines (mostly on Bug Hunt) - so I considered the returns on my investment met. That said, it only cost me 12 bucks on release day since I had a gift card to subsidize most of the hurt :)

I've done 65 hours mostly in Bug Hunt. I'm actually embarrassed that I have that many hours on the game. But regardless, that mode was definitely the only upside for this game and actually was fun. Although, it was a bad idea to make the Aliens gradually become bullet sponges the longer it went on. But it was a great game mode in an otherwise shitty game.

Sadogoat

Aside from Bug Hunt, I thought the Stasis Interrupted DLC campaign wasn't bad - it was certainly better than virtually all of the original campaign.

But in regards to Bug Hunt, I feel the following would have made it a better experience for me:

1) Keep the classic Alien skins throughout. I didn't like how after the first few waves, we got the bizarre horned carapaces on xenos for the rest of the game.

2) Have a boss fight at Wave 30. Ending the game with a battle against an Alien Queen would have made it a much more enjoyable conclusion than just killing "X" amount of enemies on the final wave.

3) Implement dedicated servers. As a game, A:CM might have enjoyed similar longevity for its multiplayer component as the last Aliens Vs Predator game did if Gearbox hadn't saddled it with that f**king horrible lobby-based matchmaking system. Hell, I'd probably STILL be booting up the game if I could find some active sessions running for Bug Hunt.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2014, 11:34:57 AM
It's not that bad. Yeah, it's bad but not that bad.

You're right, there has been far worse games. But it has become the fashion to bash ACM so everyone just knocks it regardless of whether they actually played it or not. The same is true for Prometheus in many ways.

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2014, 01:05:46 AM
Think I paid $5 for mine on Steam.

Still don't have a graphic card so I can play it properly.  Once the shooting starts it's unplayable.

That last 5 gigabyte patch included quite a substantial graphics update - lots of new hi-res textures. If Steam will allow you to play the vanilla (patch-less) version it might be playable for you.

blood.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2014, 11:34:57 AM
It's not that bad. Yeah, it's bad but not that bad.

I can confirm it is in fact carcinogenic.

Corporal Hicks

Maybe that's just all the cigars?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed