Rate The Movie Above You

Started by War Wager, Sep 05, 2007, 07:33:26 AM

Author
Rate The Movie Above You (Read 112,710 times)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Huol on Dec 24, 2008, 12:27:45 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 24, 2008, 05:00:34 AM
2/10. f**k you Rob Zombie. Don't you know to never f**k with a John Carpenter film? Dumbshit.

What was wrong with it.

All I ever hear are people saying how Rob Zombie raped the original, without actually giving an example.

Well for one he completely f**ked up Myers' origin, making him a bullied, abused kid instead of pure evil in what I saw as an attempt to make you sympathize with the killer. In the original Michael grew up in a nice home with a nice family. He was just evil/psychotic. I found Carpenter's to be more suspenseful, while Zombie's was just random bloodshed capitalizing on Halloween's name.

Huol

Huol

The pure evil theme had been done a million times before.
It's old.
Sure it was new and exciting when Halloween first came out, but then came Friday the 13th, Nightmare on elm street etc

Zombie was just doing something new. Is that so bad? Would you really want to see the same thing over and over?

As for the crappy childhood, that's Zombies shtick. It's what he does. Look at Thousand Corpses, Devils rejects. Thats his style.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

All the more reason for him to leave it alone.

Yeah it is so bad. I didn't want to see a remake, hell I don't want a remake of anything but they keep doing it anyways. I wont be surprised if we get a remake of Nightmare On Elm Street in the near future.

Maybe Zombie should try something new. Shitty childhood as a reason for killing isn't exactly original either.

Huol

Huol

Whats so wrong with remakes? If we didn't have remakes, we wouldn't have The fly, The thing, Dawn of the dead, the blob. There is nothing wrong with a remake.

Whatever, I can't be bothered wasting my time on the bandwagon so I'll just get someone else to do it for me.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s8QWGrtPVyU

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHGg-9mwww&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHGg-9mwww&feature=related

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 24, 2008, 01:32:33 PM
All the more reason for him to leave it alone.

Yeah it is so bad. I didn't want to see a remake, hell I don't want a remake of anything but they keep doing it anyways. I wont be surprised if we get a remake of Nightmare On Elm Street in the near future.

Maybe Zombie should try something new. Shitty childhood as a reason for killing isn't exactly original either.

why shouldnt they, its just a new spin on an old concept...i dont see whats wrong with that...
i never got how people act like its f_kin armageddon when a classic is being remade....dunno just seems f_ckin sad how some people sound like they lose sleep over it...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Huol on Dec 24, 2008, 01:04:12 PM
8/10
Fun, yet not as good as the sequel, a hell of a lot better than the third one though... Ick

Snatch

7/10

10 Things I Hate About You

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

7/10

Blood of the Virgins

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

7/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

7/10

Frankenstein Conquers the World

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

6/10

Godzilla: Final Wars

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

7/10

Peter Jackson's King Kong

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

10/10

Casa Blanca

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

7/10

Mortal Kombat

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

7.5/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

War Wager

War Wager

7/10 My least favourite, but still really good.

Batman Returns

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed