Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 79,490 times)

Kimarhi

Just take care of yourself now.

If you decide to stick with the military both bootcamp/ocs are designed to test you both physically and mentally.  Mental hiccups are just like physical ones.  If you go with a physical injury into the military its going to be found out with all the exercise.  If you go into it with a mental injury then its going to be found out with the silly punishments, sleep depravation, intensity of the situation etc.  Its actually almost all mental....even the physical stuff is. 

We had people quit before we even made it to basic because of sleep depravation.  Four days with four total hours of sleep.  Its just so much easier if you go in with good mental health/mindset. 

Aside from that you should have good mental health in your life even if the military is not an option.  Don't be worried about other people, other people aren't you. 

Aspie

note to self

never ever forget to take my meds

Kimarhi

you know you forget your meds every day crazy

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Eva on Oct 06, 2014, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Oct 06, 2014, 08:14:09 PMThe majority of mental illness is nowhere near as complicated as certain individuals would have you believe, and can be prevented very much like obesity can.
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but that's just nonsense imo.

These illnesses, mental disturbances I speak of, are indeed extremely simple; the truly complicated part is getting people to see it.
Yours maybe the state of mind that dominates now, but it won't last. The illusions and false complexities held dearly by so many will come to an end.

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 06, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Sorry but all your posts reek of "I had a bad experience so it must be bad." And now you're bitter and trying to make everyone else feel worse about being depressed and whatever methods they may seek out.
I'm sure there is at least one bitter person in this topic, but it's not me. I escaped that drama some time ago and can poke fun at things.

And to the one who made the Jesus comment, some of you have undoubtedly seen my work in the theology thread....

It's ok. I know many of you reading this have been conditioned to feel nervous around my kind, but those hairs on the back of your neck are telling lies.

There's no need to be scared; I have glimpsed things to come.....there will be no need for belief where we're headed.

And you are not my enemy; the beast that speaks through you is, the beast hiding in all of you. Because when it has been excised, the tragedy of having a pedestrian perception of reality, a tragedy I see everyday, might become curable. If only you knew how much better the view is up here.

day 7,762

And so i fade off into the sunset
with only one question on my mind:
Spoiler
[close]

Cal427eb

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Oct 09, 2014, 08:51:44 PM
There's no need to be scared; I have glimpsed things to come.....there will be no need for belief where we're headed.
Please expand on this.

SM

SM

Xeno Killer 2179

Sorry, no spoilers  ;)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2014, 08:55:31 PM

Laughing so hard right now.

BANE

Quote from: Eva on Oct 06, 2014, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Oct 06, 2014, 08:14:09 PMThe majority of mental illness is nowhere near as complicated as certain individuals would have you believe, and can be prevented very much like obesity can.
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but that's just nonsense imo.

These illnesses, mental disturbances I speak of, are indeed extremely simple; the truly complicated part is getting people to see it.
Yours maybe the state of mind that dominates now, but it won't last. The illusions and false complexities held dearly by so many will come to an end.

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 06, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Sorry but all your posts reek of "I had a bad experience so it must be bad." And now you're bitter and trying to make everyone else feel worse about being depressed and whatever methods they may seek out.
I'm sure there is at least one bitter person in this topic, but it's not me. I escaped that drama some time ago and can poke fun at things.

And to the one who made the Jesus comment, some of you have undoubtedly seen my work in the theology thread....

It's ok. I know many of you reading this have been conditioned to feel nervous around my kind, but those hairs on the back of your neck are telling lies.

And you are not my enemy; the beast that speaks through you is, the beast hiding in all of you. Because when it has been excised, the tragedy of having a pedestrian perception of reality, a tragedy I see everyday, might become curable. If only you knew how much better the view is up here.

day 7,762

Spoiler
[close]
Haha you're kind of hilarious

Sabby

Sounds like a great way to dismiss all criticism.

Xeno Killer 2179

sabby we're on such different wavelengths one of us may as well not be human

my advice is let it go

Vickers

day 7,762

Spoiler
[close]

Let's see what Xeno sa-

-Nope.

Cvalda

BALONEY

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Pfft! I've seen things you people wouldn't believe!

Crazy Rich

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 10, 2014, 12:51:07 PM

Pfft! I've seen things you people wouldn't believe!

I've seen things that will turn you white!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed