Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 79,505 times)

Crazy Rich

Are you feeling aniexty right now OmegaZilla?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 06, 2014, 06:24:15 AM
Are you feeling aniexty right now OmegaZilla?

Vickers

Therapists are full of shit because Xeno Killer had a bad experience!

Also everyone who is depressed must have brought this on themselves and they should have tried to prevent it.

::)

Xeno Killer 2179

I stand by what I said.

The majority of mental illness is nowhere near as complicated as certain individuals would have you believe, and can be prevented very much like obesity can.

As for therapy, I think it's shit for the limited range of things a licensed therapist can say or do to help, and no matter how much a person is reminded they have to do the hard work, it promotes the idea that because a professional is there, you can be lazy about your own recovery.

and it's not a bad experience, its half a f**king lifetime getting shuffled around, medicated, put in inpatient, etc

Sabby

Xeno, you clearly have no idea how the mental health system works. I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, but 'the professionals' are not there to lock you into the system forever so they can peddle medication and not actually help you.

I've suffered from mental issues my whole life, and only in recent years have I tried to fix them, and the system was there the whole time. I'm going out and making friends and feeling like a functional and happy adult for the first time in my life.

Cal427eb

Holy f**k, look who it is.

Kimarhi

jesus made xeno do it sabby.

BANE

Flabby Sabby, you savvy, not too shabby I'm working off of 5 pints and loving it.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Oct 06, 2014, 08:14:09 PM
I stand by what I said.

The majority of mental illness is nowhere near as complicated as certain individuals would have you believe, and can be prevented very much like obesity can.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but that's just nonsense imo.

Vickers

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Oct 06, 2014, 08:14:09 PM
I stand by what I said.

As for therapy, I think it's shit for the limited range of things a licensed therapist can say or do to help, and no matter how much a person is reminded they have to do the hard work, it promotes the idea that because a professional is there, you can be lazy about your own recovery.

and it's not a bad experience, its half a f**king lifetime getting shuffled around, medicated, put in inpatient, etc

Sorry but all your posts reek of "I had a bad experience so it must be bad." And now you're bitter and trying to make everyone else feel worse about being depressed and whatever methods they may seek out.

Sabby

I will agree that the system certainly isn't perfect. I just forgot my pills yesterday and woke up feeling like my face was on fire :/

Kimarhi

..........that's the brimstone

Topazora

Topazora

and this is what happens when I get too afraid to log back on...... thank you for the responses, I didn't think there would be anything to my alcohol induced rant.  I'm trying to keeping myself busy.  I'm not feeling like the piece of shit I did a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know how much seeking professional help.  Most of my depression comes from feeling pretty worthless, which is probably not rare.  I just need to accomplish something and actually start doing something.  So far, the weight loss helps, its something.

Aspie

how much weight have u loss gurrrrrl

Topazora

Topazora

well, since I started losing weight, 55lbs.  Went down from 220 and am now 165, 15lbs till my target weight: 150.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed