The Fitness Thread

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 27, 2014, 07:26:32 PM

Author
The Fitness Thread (Read 27,407 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Cvalda on May 13, 2014, 12:17:20 AM
Has about as much merit as "drinking milk leeches calcium from your bones" and other crap. There's a whole industry devoted to this kind of phony health garbage.
Actually that one I believe to be true. The calcium anion is essentially attached to a huge fatty molecule and once it is released guess what is the only thing that fits back in, a calcium cation. So yea a calcium atom goes in, and one is taken from "somewhere" as it goes back out. In any case I'm not drinking cows milk since there are other choices. I also don't drink soy milk because there is just too much estrogen in that.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Guys, the existence of intestinal permeability isn't even up for debate.

Some of the articles I post come off a bit strong but still have plenty of good info to cherry pick. I'm starting to think I'm talking to a bunch of wheat stalks.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Eva on May 13, 2014, 12:35:23 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 12, 2014, 07:34:22 AM
I have nothing against treadmills... they're great when watching tv but I just like running outside.

^^

Spoiler
[close]

I normally run outside just because it isn't as boring as running on the hamster wheel.  There is just no place to run outside unless I want to drive to another part of town.  Lexington, KY is tearing up their sidewalks as some part of renovation project and running on the streets in Lexington is begging to be run over. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd sooner avoid dairy altogether as it doesn't really do much for the body anyway past a certain age. I stick to almond milk.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

We literally just...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea we just did that one.  :laugh:

I must admit almond milk is a fantastic substitute to dairy milk. Albeit a tad on the super sweet side. Plus it lacks all of those man made hormones found in cow milk. There is no way that stuff is good for your body.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 13, 2014, 11:22:23 AM
We literally just...

Sorry bout that, didn't see it :P

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 13, 2014, 12:13:04 AM
Somewhere there is a report that says whatever your eating will kill you.  So I say f**k it and just eat what you want.  You are going to die anyways.

I'm tempted to quote Alien3 here.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

After my workout last night, one of the trainers looked at me and said I've got a 300 thing going on. Me? Beginning to look like a Spartan warrior? Yeah, I can dig it 8)

It's been hard leaning out. I'm training minimum three hours a week now and cutting back on my carbs. My trainer wants me to increase my fat intake to compensate but sticking to healthy fats ain't easy.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I haven't been doing shit. 

21 days in the desert in full body armor is going to wick away any gains I might have had so I'm just going to restart everything but cardio then.  Actually taking kineasology classes now and half are service classes so I'll be weight lifting and preparing or a half marathon throughout the semester. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 31, 2014, 11:24:43 AM
After my workout last night, one of the trainers looked at me and said I've got a 300 thing going on.
Your abs are fake CGI?

BANE

BANE

No him and his trainer have been there so long they're considering bumming like the greeks

Cvalda

Cvalda

Gotta get his money's worth somehow.

BANE

BANE

Somebody told me they overheard his trainer say "Unfortunately that's one small muscle we can't build up"  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 01, 2014, 03:01:51 AM
I haven't been doing shit. 

21 days in the desert in full body armor is going to wick away any gains I might have had so I'm just going to restart everything but cardio then.  Actually taking kineasology classes now and half are service classes so I'll be weight lifting and preparing or a half marathon throughout the semester. 

How long does it take to prep for a half marathon anyway?

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 01, 2014, 03:47:07 AM
After my workout last night, one of the trainers looked at me and said I've got a 300 thing going on.
Your abs are fake CGI?

He wasn't talking about my abs.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: BANE on Aug 01, 2014, 03:59:16 AM
No him and his trainer have been there so long they're considering bumming like the greeks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 01, 2014, 11:26:14 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 01, 2014, 03:47:07 AM
Your abs are fake CGI?
He wasn't talking about my abs.

Bane's theory confirmed?  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed