Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 764

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 373,097 times)

MetalAlien

MetalAlien

I love Predator 1 and 2 equally for completely different reasons.

Neila

Neila

I chose Predator 1 because it's just great.
clearly influenced by Aliens but still a great film.
But I still wouldn't call it a classic. A really good action film from the late 80s.
However, I think that Arnie always seems a little funny the more serious he tries to act, but that's a matter of taste.

I actually thought Predator 2 was just as good because it did the only right thing when it came to location. The design of the Pred is also great again and unfortunately it was the last time a Predator looked good.
I also liked Glover.
What I didn't like was the expansion of the culture and a kind of code, but we're already discussing that in another thread.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I love Prey. I like Predator 2. But nothing beats Predator.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Neila on May 24, 2024, 10:11:03 AMI chose Predator 1 because it's just great.
[...]
But I still wouldn't call it a classic. A really good action film from the late 80s.
However, I think that Arnie always seems a little funny the more serious he tries to act, but that's a matter of taste. 

[...]
It's a classic. :P

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Master Chief on May 30, 2024, 02:00:34 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 24, 2024, 10:11:03 AMI chose Predator 1 because it's just great.
[...]

[...]
It's a classic. :P

The first is the only one I would consider a classic.

Neila

Neila

In order to call a film a classic, it must meet several criteria, although opinions certainly differ as to when a film should or may be called a classic.
For me it is a classic if it has had a lasting impact on, changed or influenced the film world.
and Predator simply doesn't have that. It's a cult film, no question, but it's only that among fans.

Seen globally, it is "just" a very good action thriller, nothing more and nothing less.
But it didn't have a huge influence on the film world as a whole.

Frankenstein, Dracula, Jaws, Star Wars, 2001, The Godfather and also the first Alien.  These are style-defining classics because after their release major changes and a jolt went through the film world and these films have left a huge influence to this day.

I love the first Predator but for me it doesn't meet enough criteria to be called a real film classic.

MetalAlien

MetalAlien

I think Mannequin is a classic, watched it on sunday in fact. But that's just me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed