Sly Cooper

Started by Dovahkiin, Jan 28, 2014, 03:57:56 PM

Author
Sly Cooper (Read 3,307 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/sly-cooper-movie-announced

QuoteFollowing in the footsteps of Sony brethren Ratchet and Clank, everyone's favorite platforming raccoon, Sly Cooper, will be getting his own feature film, headed to theaters in early 2016. The production reunites animation studio Rainmaker Entertainment with independent production company Blockade Entertainment. Based on the popular series of Sony video games, Sly Cooper brings its hero from 2D gaming into the realm of 3D CG animation. As you might expect, Sly Cooper is a heist film that will feature other popular characters from the games: Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo.

"The film will stay true to the franchise, though it will not be a complete origin story," says David Wohl, VP of Development and a producer on Sly Cooper. "In the film, Sly and his buddies are already together, though they are far from being great at what they do.

Here is the official story synopsis: "Sly Cooper is a kinetic and comedic heist film that tells the story of Sly Cooper, an orphaned raccoon thief, along with his childhood friends and partners in crime, Bentley Turtle and Murray Hippo. In the film, Sly learns of his birth family's secret legacy; that he comes from a long line of talented and international thieves. Endowed with this knowledge, Sly and his friends are catapulted into a global adventure as they race to reassemble pieces of an ancient book holding The Cooper Clan's family secrets before it can fall into the hands of Clockwerk – an evil Russian metallic owl bent on ending the Cooper family line. From romantic Parisian backdrops to the lush mountains of China, gritty film noir meets bright, colorful graphic novels in this origin story of the world's greatest thief-turned-hero."

"We are working very closely with both Sony and Sucker Punch to make sure we are staying true to the franchise," says Brad Foxhoven, the film's producer and CEO of Blockade Entertainment. "Since we were altering the look of the characters and world into pure CG, it was important to keep them in the process. This included the script, the characters, models, and the cast. Of course we were nervous about the results, and breathed a massive sigh of relief when they gave their approval. Now we just have to wait for the fans..."

Will any voice actors from the game make their way into the movie? "We are exploring that now," Wohl says. "The film will be a mix between those actors from the game, and various other talent who we can have fun with bringing into the franchise."

Foxhoven was mum on whether this will coincide with a fifth Sly game, stating, "What Sony decides to do with Sly, we cannot comment on. We would only hope that we get a few free copies of it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbXEKZVonko#ws

Oh, my God. f**k yes. So many childhood memories came flooding back to me as I watched this trailer. I'm extremely excited.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Never played any of the games before.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I loved the games when I was a kid, but a movie? Seems odd. Have the remastered HD versions been such a hit with todays kids as well?

Space Invader

Space Invader

There should be a Spyro the Dragon movie.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

^20th Century Fox almost made a Spyro movie, but they scrap it after 2008.

Vepariga

Vepariga

I found Crash Bandicoot to be better.

wheres the Crash Bandicoot movie?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Nobody cares about Crash Bandicoot anymore though, it wouldn't reach much of an audience.

Anyways, this, like the Ratchet & Clank movie, looks f**king awesome.

Magegg

Magegg

OMG, Furries are going to be soooo pleased D:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Magegg...

...J--....just...

...shut the f**k up.

Vepariga

Vepariga

:laugh:

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 29, 2014, 08:37:36 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 29, 2014, 08:46:34 AM
Magegg...

...J--....just...

...shut the f**k up.

Magegg

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 29, 2014, 08:37:36 AM

Oh, Christ.

KNIGHT

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed