Are you going to wait for reviews before buying?

Started by demonbane, Jan 19, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

Are you going to wait for reviews before buying?

Yes
39 (69.6%)
No
17 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
Are you going to wait for reviews before buying? (Read 7,624 times)

PRJ_since1990

I sent a tweet to the A:I Twitter account asking about a collector's edition, if they're might be any kind of statue or anything. No reply yet, might be too soon for them to say (or they can't say). I would very much like a A:CM style collector's edition. I love the extra goodies and the statue. It's very cool in my opinion and will outlive the game by a long shot. I still play it occasionally, as well as AvP2010 and AvP2 (PC).

Jango1201

Only with Alien games do I preorder. Its only because I live and breath Aliens that one more day is just too long.

RagingDragon

The only game I've ever pre-ordered is Skyrim, so I can safely rely on my own consumer investigation and instinct when it comes to supporting products. :laugh:

But if I bought Colonial Marines on midnight at release :'( I'm damned sure going to support an Alien game trying a new, more faithful direction. I mean I love supporting different games anyway, ones that don't try and homogenize every cliche they can into a single botched 'everybody loves it' product, so Isolation is really a no-brainer.

The only thing I do know for absolute certain is that if it does suck, there's no way it will suck as hard as Colonial Marines. That thing is the true apex of failure, the X Rebirth of the Aliens license, and I declare it won't be matched for many generations to come.

Kimarhi

Lets hope so.

PRI. HUDSON

Will be waiting for IGN reviews. They usually make the right calls. And I will look at other major sites as well.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 24, 2014, 02:49:20 PM
Will be waiting for IGN reviews. They usually make the right calls. And I will look at other major sites as well.

NO.

IGN.

IGN-ORANT.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 24, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

NO.

IGN.

IGN-ORANT.

I tend to agree with most of their reviews, but to each his/her own.

RagingDragon

When I don't want to smell like OBVIO-

I wear IGNO-

RANT.

demonbane

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 24, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

NO.

IGN.

IGN-ORANT.
At least, you can see general spectrum through their review even if you disagree.

RobThom

It is what it is.

How much is futzing around in recreated environments from the first two movies worth?

Its worth something.
The graphics look good.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RobThom on Feb 27, 2014, 06:14:25 AM
It is what it is.

How much is futzing around in recreated environments from the first two movies worth?

Its worth something.
The graphics look good.

I really hope that isn't all it f*cking is or I will be sorely disappointed.

LastSurvivor92

Hell no, this game already looks good enough for my taste. I understand all the issues with Aliens Colonial Marines but I still like it as a fan of the films. What I like about it mostly is the fact that just playing it brings back a little bit of that nostalgia from Aliens.

judge death

Quote from: winddownandsmoke92 on Mar 01, 2014, 12:32:33 AM
Hell no, this game already looks good enough for my taste. I understand all the issues with Aliens Colonial Marines but I still like it as a fan of the films. What I like about it mostly is the fact that just playing it brings back a little bit of that nostalgia from Aliens.
For me it rather ruined it with seeing crap alien designs as: Spitters, lurkers, bull alien etc, horrible designs.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: judge death on Mar 01, 2014, 12:34:21 AM
Quote from: winddownandsmoke92 on Mar 01, 2014, 12:32:33 AM
For me it rather ruined it with seeing crap alien designs as: Spitters, lurkers, bull alien etc, horrible designs.

Same here, It felt like playing a crappy version of PS1's Alien: Resurrection.

LastSurvivor92

Yeah I won't deny that the graphics were quite terrible. They were showing us pictures of the game before with amazing graphics and effects but the final product was just terrible and the gameplay experience was very clunky. Alien Isolation is introducing a true survival horror expierience. With tension, fantastic atmosphere and great gameplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed