Alien 3 retconned

Started by UFO-Man, Oct 26, 2013, 10:00:04 PM

Author
Alien 3 retconned (Read 16,725 times)

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Apparently Hicks didn't die at the start of Alien 3. During hypersleep he was actually kidnapped by Weyland Yutani mercenaries and taken back to LV426, while the one who died at the start of Alien 3 was a body double. This has since became part of the continuity since Fox regards Aliens Colonial Marines to be canon.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

News to me.  Tell me more.

SM

SM

Good luck finding people who'll take the Colonial Marines game as a serious part of the continuity.

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 26, 2013, 10:18:29 PM
News to me.  Tell me more.

Which is fine with me, I don't consider Alien 3, Resurrection, or either of the AvP films canon.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But the Dark Horse comics are canon, right?

SM

SM

Only the ones that came with the Kenner action figures.

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Aliens: CM is indeed canon then it also makes it official that poor old Hudson was facehuggered!.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 10:32:58 PM
Aliens: CM is indeed canon then it also makes it official that poor old Hudson was facehuggered!.

Holy shit guys! Did any of you know this?!?!  :o

LOL

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's why I want to know more.  This is biggest news since we landed on the moon.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 10:00:04 PM
This has since became part of the continuity since Fox regards Aliens Colonial Marines to be canon.

Which you'll notice only Gearbox trumpeted at every possible turn, not any official Fox representatives. Plausible deniability... We also don't know what the exact circumstances of that alleged blessing were, either or precisely who had said it.

Quote from: SM on Oct 26, 2013, 10:29:30 PM
Only the ones that came with the Kenner action figures.

Burn! :laugh:

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

This game acts like Alien 3 never happened.

SM

SM

No, it doesn't.  It adds some bullshit bits into Alien3, that only a very small minority are ever going to give any credence.

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Quote from: SM on Oct 26, 2013, 10:45:16 PM
No, it doesn't.  It adds some bullshit bits into Alien3, that only a very small minority are ever going to give any credence.

A:CM on the other hand definitely is canon, and the ONLY reason it was given 'official sequel status' by Fox.

SM

SM

What?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

UFO-Man sounds like a bot lol.

Canon ACM is good for the community!  Canon ACM is approved by Fox!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed