Alien 3 retconned

Started by UFO-Man, Oct 26, 2013, 10:00:04 PM

Author
Alien 3 retconned (Read 16,726 times)

SM

SM

Canon ACM will improve your sexual prowess!

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

UFO-Man is funny.

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Hell even the comicbooks don't consider Alien 3 canon.

Seriously, tho', that whole beginning of Aliens 3 was a joke to me. "Yay! We're safe!" Nevermind, everything went bad. Oh no aliens!!.

WickerMan

WickerMan

Are you having a conversation by yourself, man?  :P

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Quote from: WickerMan on Oct 26, 2013, 11:43:52 PM

I was being sarcastic.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
Hell even the comicbooks don't consider Alien 3 canon.
You mean the ones written before Alien 3 which were then rewritten to keep in line with Alien3?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: WickerMan on Oct 26, 2013, 11:43:52 PM

Seems like it...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 10:49:22 PM
A:CM on the other hand definitely is canon, and the ONLY reason it was given 'official sequel status' by Fox.

Pitchford, is that you...?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
"Yay! We're safe!" Nevermind, everything went bad. Oh no aliens!!.

Isnt it exactly what Aliens did as well to Ripley? AND her family?

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 26, 2013, 10:39:10 PM
Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 10:00:04 PM
This has since became part of the continuity since Fox regards Aliens Colonial Marines to be canon.

Which you'll notice only Gearbox trumpeted at every possible turn, not any official Fox representatives. Plausible deniability... We also don't know what the exact circumstances of that alleged blessing were, either or precisely who had said it.

That's exactly right. I suspect all Fox did was give permission for Gearbox to use their assets and characters from their universe, just like every videogame which has involved Aliens that has come out before it, but gearbox got the wrong idea and I don't think Fox really cared.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I don't remember Fox saying it was canon.

I thought was just bullshit Gearbox was yelling out at every moment louder than massed military bands to trick the fans into buying a game that turned out to be poop.

Here is an analogy. We are the mice, they gave us a mouse trap. They knew we weren't stupid enough to buy it the way it was so they threw in a bunch of cheese because mice love cheese! Then well fell right into the trap...

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 10:23:07 PM
Which is fine with me, I don't consider Alien 3, Resurrection, or either of the AvP films canon.
But you are willing to accept a video game as canon? ???

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

We should cannon AVP.

maledoro

maledoro

Aren't video games those thingies where you shoot at stuff and blow stuff up and get different results each time? You expect people to take something that always-changey and accept it as canonical?

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

Quote from: Dowly on Oct 27, 2013, 11:07:59 AM
Quote from: UFO-Man on Oct 26, 2013, 10:23:07 PM
Which is fine with me, I don't consider Alien 3, Resurrection, or either of the AvP films canon.
But you are willing to accept a video game as canon? ???

That's because Aliens: Colonial Marines is a true sequel to James Cameron's Aliens, the story of Aliens: Colonial Marines takes place after the events of the movie.

Alien 3 is no longer canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed