Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game

Started by Mr. Domino, Oct 09, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters - An ALIEN Deck-Building Game (Read 77,439 times)

Machiko Naguchi

Yep, I have thought the exact same thing.

Corporal Hicks

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33714/deadpool-homies-shark-island-more

QuoteThe Legendary Encounters Alien Expansion is due in May.  "It focuses a lot on the Alien queen, so there will be a lot ot of Queen dynamics going on, as well as more marines, more chaos."

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 14, 2016, 11:36:25 AM
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33714/deadpool-homies-shark-island-more

QuoteThe Legendary Encounters Alien Expansion is due in May.  "It focuses a lot on the Alien queen, so there will be a lot ot of Queen dynamics going on, as well as more marines, more chaos."

Looks great. Shame they couldn't get it done in time for Aliens Day. Also, from that article there's another game coming out called Shark Island next year, which the premise sounds hilarious. I couldn't help but think of Jaws but in a board game. 

Machiko Naguchi

Expansion focusing on Queen: YES!YES!YES!  ;D  8) The queen is my favorite if you couldn't tell  ;)

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't noticed any fondness for the Queen!  :P

XenoZipper

Wow love the art on the expansion set!! Even though sorting the cards in the first set were
a pain in the ass, they were still nice to look at so I'll be looking forward to this popping out
for sure. I've owned the game for months now & really need to get on playing it soon it looks
like a blast

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 17, 2016, 06:22:22 PM
Wow love the art on the expansion set!! Even though sorting the cards in the first set were
a pain in the ass, they were still nice to look at so I'll be looking forward to this popping out
for sure. I've owned the game for months now & really need to get on playing it soon it looks
like a blast

You haven't tried it solo? It's a lot of fun!

XenoZipper

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 17, 2016, 09:39:38 PM
You haven't tried it solo? It's a lot of fun!

Yea unfortunately I just haven't gotten around to playing a solo game yet. I'm not very well versed in these kind of card games so figuring out how to play takes a little longer for me. I didn't really play many card games as a kid. I've never played Magic or anything like that before. I really do want to play it though don't get me wrong, I just need to stop being lazy & maybe watch a solo play on youtube & then take it from there because it does look awesome to play.

Mr. Clemens

Oh man, don't sweat it. Games like Magic and stuff intimidate me too, but this one is so simple that you can practically learn as you play. And if you get something wrong - who cares, it was a solo game! Just correct the mistake next time.

You're in for a lot of fun!

XenoZipper

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 17, 2016, 10:53:10 PM
Oh man, don't sweat it. Games like Magic and stuff intimidate me too, but this one is so simple that you can practically learn as you play. And if you get something wrong - who cares, it was a solo game! Just correct the mistake next time.

You're in for a lot of fun!

Thanks dude that's refreshing to hear honestly. Yea a lot of those card based games are intimidating to me. I play a board game called Zombies which is a lot of fun, a tile based game so the map is never the same. I mostly a video gamer so my experience with card games sucks haha but I'll certainly sit down with Legendary Encounters pretty soon, you guys give me a lot of hope for it being awesome  :)

Machiko Naguchi

I hadn't played any deckbuilding games either before this and I just watched a play video once and then read instructions. I have played a lot of MtG so that might have helped a little, but I don't think it will be hard to pick up at all. Like I tell people about MtG, you don't have to remember that many rules, for almost everything you just read the info on the cards. So if you can read you should be ok  ;)

XenoZipper

Haha reading I can do  ;) I really look forward to it. Maybe if time permits I'll give it a go tomorrow

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was actually going suggest solo play too. However, I actually play with 2 hands like I saw someone do in a playthrough video. I'd suggest giving playthrough videos a look at, they'll explain near enough everything you need to know.

QuoteI asked Mr. Brenner some questions during the Dice Tower live stream yesterday:

Will the new Alien expansion be fully compatible with Predator? Yes (I wonder what that means, but hopefully the cards will take the trophy mechanic into consideration)

Will there be a dedicated Alien Vs Predator expansion somewhere in the future? No

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22108579#22108579

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 10:30:33 AM
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2935060_md.png

QuoteI asked Mr. Brenner some questions during the Dice Tower live stream yesterday:

Will the new Alien expansion be fully compatible with Predator? Yes (I wonder what that means, but hopefully the cards will take the trophy mechanic into consideration)

Will there be a dedicated Alien Vs Predator expansion somewhere in the future? No

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22108579#22108579

Good find Hicks. Honestly, I think there will be some sort of AvP thing in the future. They just need the rights to it. And the interest from the community.

XenoZipper

I gotta thank you guys for giving me the push  to finally sit down & learn how to play this game!! I'm totally hooked & addicted haha This is definitely one of those games where I felt a little "duh" at being intimidated by it after I played a game or 2. Now I've been playing it for the last 3 days trying to get through the movies. Really wish I had picked up Predator now as well but I held off on it not having played Alien yet at the time. Of course there's still ways I haven't played the game yet. I haven't included Good/Evil Agendas yet or the Hidden Order cards nor have I played with having a dead character come back as an Alien so there's still new ways for me to try in the future but for now I'm just having a lot of fun trying to get through the objectives of each movie. Sometimes not all that easy either. I think so far I've only won a found of Alien & Alien 3 but both Aliens & Resurrection murdered me haha Now I definitely look forward to this Queen expansion!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed