Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 215,544 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2014, 10:21:38 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10255300_10152420266485420_7823384294302594776_n.png
So, per the pic, we're not supposed to do any of those things? But I still insist on playing nice with the others...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're not supposed to judge others and love them? Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2014, 10:27:51 PM
You're not supposed to judge others and love them? Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
I'd rather love them and not judge them, but they make it difficult.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Vickers on May 06, 2014, 08:30:00 PM
You only need one hand?
I only play with the tip so yeah.  ???

Aspie

Aspie

HAHAHAHAHAHA damn

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How so? If you feel it's difficult, then ignore them and move on. It's not complicated.

Vickers

Vickers

*Gestures the biting of palms* What's this?

Jesus biting his nails.

BANE

BANE

What's Jesus' least favourite car?

The Chevy Impale-a.

Vickers

Vickers

Sabby

Sabby

Judging people doesn't have to be aggressive or in your face. I know it's typically a negative word, but people tend to judge things internally. It's possible to do that and still be civil.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: maledoro on May 06, 2014, 10:29:59 PM
I'd rather love them and not judge them, but they make it difficult.

I agree. I constantly debate with my Christian family and close friends, and it's a common topic.

It's just built-in to the religion to spread it and be vocal about it, and that eventually interjects with everyday society (which I don't think real spirituality is meant to do.)

Trying to reconcile spiritual beliefs with a day-to-day, cultural life is a super bitch. The morality issue is all wrapped up in there as well. Usually I end up telling my family that they like Christianity because they are good people regardless, and it helps them to express that in whatever way.

That usually gets their head kind of spinning, lol, when I constantly rant to them about how they're good and decent and moral, and just choose a religion to justify it or give it some higher authority.

Sabby

Sabby

I think judging shouldn't be the problem, it's more about poorly judging. Like Raging and Maledoro said, sometimes it's hard not to judge someone, and not by any of your own inclination.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually it's not the judging, it's the hate and lies that really hurt people.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Omg.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed