DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,510 times)

Russ

Russ

Yes, it has the distinction of being the first film on HD to be hacked - I remember at the time torrents really were a thing (I don't know if they are now) - but from the quick squiz I had, it seems that that was only one of the films many problems (One article said that "fan fervor will only get you so far.").

Apparently it had a good second life, but nothing near enough to warrant a second one.

But - back to DC...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Apr 03, 2017, 11:27:51 AM
Yes, it has the distinction of being the first film on HD to be hacked - I remember at the time torrents really were a thing (I don't know if they are now) - but from the quick squiz I had, it seems that that was only one of the films many problems (One article said that "fan fervor will only get you so far.").

Apparently it had a good second life, but nothing near enough to warrant a second one.

But - back to DC...

Yes very true. But least if that was the end, it was an ending it deserved :)

Yes back to DC and my waiting for a Team 7 movie lol

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 02, 2017, 11:14:44 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Apr 02, 2017, 10:15:00 PM
genocyber showing once more his superhero spectre autism, completely unable to understand anything about comic book/superheroes at all  ::)

To be fair, Joss Whedon is one of the most Overrated directors of all time.

His only good movie is Avengers 1.

Avengers 2 is a disgrace.

I completely agree with you on that. Whedon is not really the amazing/revolutionary director Marvel made him out to be. However he does have a nitch for getting the Characters right on screen. I think Batgirl doesn't need to be an outstanding achievment of cinema art, just a fun flick while getting the character right. Whedon is the ideal candidate for that.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Tangakkai on Apr 03, 2017, 07:41:38 PM
Quote from: PierreVW on Apr 02, 2017, 11:14:44 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Apr 02, 2017, 10:15:00 PM
genocyber showing once more his superhero spectre autism, completely unable to understand anything about comic book/superheroes at all  ::)

To be fair, Joss Whedon is one of the most Overrated directors of all time.

His only good movie is Avengers 1.

Avengers 2 is a disgrace.

I completely agree with you on that. Whedon is not really the amazing/revolutionary director Marvel made him out to be. However he does have a nitch for getting the Characters right on screen. I think Batgirl doesn't need to be an outstanding achievment of cinema art, just a fun flick while getting the character right. Whedon is the ideal candidate for that.

I agree. Joss Whedon is a really good writer. Nothing more.

He DOESN'T have a visual imagination or a visual style. He ISN'T Sir Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg or Mel Gibson.

genocyber

genocyber

While I think Avengers 1 is his best work, it still has some glaring flaws to it. The thing is shot like a tv show, the unnecessary Agent Colsen character, Cap's dorky looking costume in this, and a bit too many quips. That being said, its my favorite Marvel film still. Although I feel the reason why Joss Whedon is jumping on board with Bat Girl is because he wants to appease the SJW crowd he offended with Avengers 2 and wants their browny points/money.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 03, 2017, 10:15:03 PM
While I think Avengers 1 is his best work, it still has some glaring flaws to it. The thing is shot like a tv show, the unnecessary Agent Colsen character, Cap's dorky looking costume in this, and a bit too many quips. That being said, its my favorite Marvel film still. Although I feel the reason why Joss Whedon is jumping on board with Bat Girl is because he wants to appease the SJW crowd he offended with Avengers 2 and wants their browny points/money.

I agree.

I hate that TV Visuals/Feeling. But a lot of directors have that problem. J.J. Abrams is another one. J.J is a really bad copy of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. His Star Wars entry is a really bad copy of the original Star Wars.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 03, 2017, 10:15:03 PM
SJW

I see this acronym quite a lot recently.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 04, 2017, 02:14:44 AM
I see this acronym quite a lot recently.

I had to look it up. And will now appropriate it into my scorn thesaurus.

You know what the DC world needs. It needs a Power Girl TV show. With this as the theme tune:

Scorpio

Scorpio

That's Barb Wire isn't it.  Who says there are no good female superhero movies?  Tank Girl, Supergirl & Red Sonja are pretty good too.

Russ

Russ

It is. Barb Wire is awesome and I need to get it on blu-ray to be honest, I've not seen it in years. It's actually a remake of Casablanca (I shit you not).

Supergirl, Tank Girl and Red Sonja were all pretty good, Supergirl especially even if a bit ahead of its time in terms of its whimsy tone (I think people were expecting another Superman movie). Red Sonja I loved but it really suffers from the annoying kid syndrome (Kane Kosugi) - and Tank Girl was great too.

But really - I think a Power Girl show would be ace, especially if it embraced the idea of super-heroine as sex-symbol/media star.

genocyber

genocyber

Too many people would be offended over Power Girl being sexy and having big titties. Complaining about objectifying and all that no fun allowed stuff. She'd never be able to be in a movie unless she got her legs and cleavage hole filled and her bra size shrunken.
Meanwhile, in BvS...
Spoiler
[close]

Russ

Russ

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 04, 2017, 05:25:30 PM
Too many people would be offended over Power Girl being sexy and having big titties. Complaining about objectifying and all that no fun allowed stuff. She'd never be able to be in a movie unless she got her legs and cleavage hole filled and her bra size shrunken.

I agree - which is why I think that if such a show (I don't think Power Girl would be a movie, no) were pitched it should be adult in nature and address exactly things like this. It'd have to "hyper" real but look at real things. If there were superheroes, can you imagine what the press would be like. Social media - it'd be cray-az. The media would go into overdrive ...

They could nod and wink at all the superhero tropes. Like, as you mention here the boob window. She could say something like "at least this way, no one's looking at my face. What, should I just put on a pair of glasses and hope." (to be fair, though... that moment in Superman the Movie when Reeves is about to tell Lois the truth and then backs out made a believer out of me). 

On another note entirely - I enjoyed this. I'm always amazed at the effort and work that people put into them:

Aliensfanboy

Aliensfanboy

I think Joss will do a great job and I hope Anna Kendrick is cast as Batgirl

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Russ on Apr 05, 2017, 07:52:19 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Apr 04, 2017, 05:25:30 PM

I agree - which is why I think that if such a show (I don't think Power Girl would be a movie, no) were pitched it should be adult in nature and address exactly things like this. It'd have to "hyper" real but look at real things. If there were superheroes, can you imagine what the press would be like. Social media - it'd be cray-az. The media would go into overdrive ...

They could nod and wink at all the superhero tropes. Like, as you mention here the boob window. She could say something like "at least this way, no one's looking at my face. What, should I just put on a pair of glasses and hope." (to be fair, though... that moment in Superman the Movie when Reeves is about to tell Lois the truth and then backs out made a believer out of me). 

On another note entirely - I enjoyed this. I'm always amazed at the effort and work that people put into them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b3Fib_KRSQ

In weird news, they are CHANGING ALL THE SCRIPT of The Batman.

NEW VILLAINS. EVEN Joe Manganiello ISN'T sure. He said: "I don't know if I'm going to be in THE BATMAN. They are changing A LOT".

genocyber

genocyber

This design would be the closest to compromise on toning down Power Girl being sexy and her keeping a semi recognizable costume for a movie appearance. Although the entire reason for her boob hole came down to her being unable to wear a symbol as meaningful as Supes, so left it blank as a statement. I think a good actress for her would be Kristanna Loken.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed