DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,520 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 14, 2017, 09:08:39 PM
They should start over if people start dropping out of their respective roles.

Another reboot?  Would be pointless.  Even the haters have to admit that the DCEU isn't all bad. 

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 15, 2017, 10:36:01 PM

Another reboot?  Would be pointless.  Even the haters have to admit that the DCEU isn't all bad.
Aside from Cavill and Affleck casts, I'd say the DCEU is completely bad.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 15, 2017, 10:36:01 PM

First off, I'm not a hater of the DC universe. I actually enjoy it much more than Marvel. I think MoS and BvS were very good movies. SS was okay. It was obviously dicked around with by the studio, but still I enjoyed it over all. Not the extended cut though, I thought it was boring.

You know I've been hearing that JL and WW have been having problems. Of course that could just be internet BS to get people worried, but if it turns out to be true then I think WB should take some time off and start over with a fresh game plan. They've should've done that to begin with. I wanted a MoS sequel before BvS, but the success of the Marvel movies was to much for them to wait it out. It's always about the $$$.

I don't want them to start it over, but I also don't want actors to be jumping ship left and right. Ben did a great as Batman and I hope he stays on board. I think if JL does a better job critically, he will.

Magegg

Magegg

Agree on that, is not the universe is the problem but the creative direction of the movies. If WB reboots and they keep on their crappy creative management of their movies, then nothing would change.

genocyber

genocyber

And then theirs the people so loyal to the DC brand that they will dig in and claim their movies are cinematic art house pieces and naysayers are just Marvel shills or children who cant understand grown up stories.

Russ

Russ

You don't understand, you childish Marvel shill.  ;D

The rumour mill continues to churn:

"I do have some news on The Batman. As I'm sure you've read, WB has extended an offer to Matt Reeves to direct The Batman. For whatever reason, a lot of sources are claiming he's accepted. That, as far as I can tell, is not true.

My firm will actually be doing the press release when the contract is finalized and thus far, we have not been given the go ahead to print it. I expect you will see it within the next few days (everything I hear says the deal is imminent)...."

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/02/16/rumor-director-matt-reeves-heavy-say-batman-casting-multiple-movie-contract/

genocyber

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can honestly do without another Batman solo movie for a long time.  It's WB who can't stand the thought of passing up those Bat-dollars.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I find it hilarious that an Aquaman movie is on more solid ground than a Batman movie.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 18, 2017, 02:19:27 AM
I find it hilarious that an Aquaman movie is on more solid ground than a Batman movie.

Aquaman is a clean slate though, a Batman movie is going to be compared to The Dark Knight (considered by many to be the holy grail of superhero movies).  It's about quality control.

genocyber

genocyber

I remember after Batman Begins WB wanted Superman Returns to tie into it until the movie tanked and they let Nolan make TDK instead.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

There is a lot of creative freedom with Aquaman. Batman will suffer under an enormous amount of oversight.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Tangakkai on Feb 19, 2017, 08:54:43 PM

There is a lot of creative freedom with Aquaman. Batman will suffer under an enormous amount of oversight.

There is way too much weight on the Batman film. WB need to wait a couple years before they even think about going into production. A few genuine hits, like Wonder Woman and Justice League, will alleviate a lot of the pressure. 

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 20, 2017, 12:20:29 AM
Quote from: Tangakkai on Feb 19, 2017, 08:54:43 PM

There is way too much weight on the Batman film. WB need to wait a couple years before they even think about going into production. A few genuine hits, like Wonder Woman and Justice League, will alleviate a lot of the pressure.

BvS and SS were big hits.  WW and JL will probably be big hits.  No sense in waiting.

genocyber

genocyber

Suicide Squad was a big hit, Batman V Superman not so much. While it did essentially make back its budget and profit it failed the bar set WB were hoping for it to surpass a billion dollars, with the backlash of poor reviews.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed