DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,475 times)

harlequinade

harlequinade

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Dec 15, 2016, 05:44:08 PM
Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 15, 2016, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: Russ on Dec 15, 2016, 09:40:47 AM
Megan Fox is in the frame for Poison Ivy:

http://screenrant.com/gotham-city-sirens-megan-fox-poison-ivy/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

Good lets not waste any good actress on this. Ayer is directing so this movie is doomed

Ayer is a hit and miss director but when he hits there aren't many out there who can do better. Fury, End of Watch and Harsh Times are great, he's made 3 great and 3 bad films. Besides Suicide Squad stinks of studio interference.

for me Squad showed that he is the worst possible guy for such a gig. From writing the script in 5 weeks through not even grasping his own's film continuity (Harley/Joker/Robin situation where the interviews Ayer gives about that contradict what is in the movie) to the whole mess with as much as 8 cuts of the movie and not directing Jared Leto at all. That WB is giving him this shows they only care about how much money the movie makes, not the quality. I'm losing hope for Batfleck's solo and since extended cut of Squad was still so laughably mild comparing to what they shot I'm skipping Wonder Woman and JL in theaters

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 16, 2016, 07:26:32 AM

http://screenrant.com/gotham-city-sirens-megan-fox-poison-ivy/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

Good lets not waste any good actress on this. Ayer is directing so this movie is doomed

Ayer is a hit and miss director but when he hits there aren't many out there who can do better. Fury, End of Watch and Harsh Times are great, he's made 3 great and 3 bad films. Besides Suicide Squad stinks of studio interference.

for me Squad showed that he is the worst possible guy for such a gig. From writing the script in 5 weeks through not even grasping his own's film continuity (Harley/Joker/Robin situation where the interviews Ayer gives about that contradict what is in the movie) to the whole mess with as much as 8 cuts of the movie and not directing Jared Leto at all. That WB is giving him this shows they only care about how much money the movie makes, not the quality. I'm losing hope for Batfleck's solo and since extended cut of Squad was still so laughably mild comparing to what they shot I'm skipping Wonder Woman and JL in theaters

I wouldnt blame Ayers for Suicide Squad. He delivered one cut of the movie based on his script. Then the Studio saw peoples reactions to the trailer and got him to reshoot bits and recut stuff in a different order. He did the best with the time and later stipulations he was given.

I think they've given him this movie based on his original cut, which was what was originally asked for

harlequinade

harlequinade

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 16, 2016, 12:10:39 PM

I wouldnt blame Ayers for Suicide Squad. He delivered one cut of the movie based on his script. Then the Studio saw peoples reactions to the trailer and got him to reshoot bits and recut stuff in a different order. He did the best with the time and later stipulations he was given.

I think they've given him this movie based on his original cut, which was what was originally asked for

eh there are some problems with his original version (going by novelization). Yeah it is much better, but it's still not very good. Also it's not him who reshot the movie - it was the production company which edited Bohemian Rhapsody trailer. Yep. That happened. WB got a trailer company to re-edit the film.

WB didn't like his cut. I think the only reason he is getting this next gig is the good money the movie made and WB doesn't care at all about reviews and general public's opinion. They just want $, making actual good film isn't low on their list of priorities - it's not there at all.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 16, 2016, 12:59:41 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 16, 2016, 12:10:39 PM

eh there are some problems with his original version (going by novelization). Yeah it is much better, but it's still not very good. Also it's not him who reshot the movie - it was the production company which edited Bohemian Rhapsody trailer. Yep. That happened. WB got a trailer company to re-edit the film.

WB didn't like his cut. I think the only reason he is getting this next gig is the good money the movie made and WB doesn't care at all about reviews and general public's opinion. They just want $, making actual good film isn't low on their list of priorities - it's not there at all.

Don't forget he had to rewrite the whole film when Tom Hardy left for Revenant reshoots. Rick Flagg was the main character up until that point so even the novelisation doesn't reflect his original story.

genocyber

genocyber

If I was to pick someone for Poison Ivy, I would definitely pick Angelina Jolie. You need an older woman who really can do the femme fatale role well. Look at the movie Beowulf and her portrayal of Grendel's mother.

Russ

Russ

Great choice. Megan is essentially Angie-lite, isn't she. But lets face it, they're both off the scale on the "being really beautiful" scale.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: genocyber on Dec 16, 2016, 08:55:10 PM
If I was to pick someone for Poison Ivy, I would definitely pick Angelina Jolie. You need an older woman who really can do the femme fatale role well. Look at the movie Beowulf and her portrayal of Grendel's mother.

For some reason, I always saw Julianne Moore in that role

Magegg

Magegg

GOYER!! My gosh, DC never stops going backwards!!  >:(

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Is DC trying to lose to Marvel? Because at this point it sure seems like it. I mean who approves of this god awful dreck.

genocyber

genocyber

For f**ks sake, can't they take a lesson on how Nolan made his movies. Instead of forcing characters down our throats that failed before, use different ones and make a movie that is a complete 3 act story that isn't full of references and sequel hooks.

ace3g

ace3g

I am disappointed in this news but hopefully they can hire a great director...

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/826242644015669249

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/826245450302836736

Russ

Russ

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 31, 2017, 01:39:41 AM
I am disappointed in this news but hopefully they can hire a great director...

Del Toro?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed