DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,519 times)

Russ

Russ

g2vd

g2vd

I actually slightly hope that Wonder Woman actually ends up being terrible.

That way everyone can finally write off the DC Universe as a complete and total failure and don't go see Justice League which will in turn make it bomb hard.

Than those Execs will end up losing their minds.

ace3g

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ace3g on Nov 12, 2016, 12:20:54 AM
https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/797214137700913152

I'm thinking a natural born killers  type movie. Joker and Harley on a crime spree/road trip while on the run from government or police forces.

Russ

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: g2vd on Nov 10, 2016, 11:22:56 AM

That way everyone can finally write off the DC Universe as a complete and total failure and don't go see Justice League which will in turn make it bomb hard.

They'll just stubbornly dig in and make excuses on it being sexists and Marvel bias if Wonder Woman under performs.

Russ

Russ

I think its just mean-spirited hoping something will fail. Why would anyone want that?

Aquaman movie now set to arrive in October 2018:

http://www.empireonline.com/people/jason-momoa/aquaman-movie-now-set-arrive-october-2018/

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Russ on Dec 05, 2016, 12:38:46 PM

I think its just mean-spirited hoping something will fail. Why would anyone want that?

Oh I certainly don't. really I hate being Mean-Spirited I prefer much more positive fun attitudes but if these many leaks are to be believed, many of the Execs at Warner's think of their customers as cash cows that give them money and are perfectly fine dishing out inferior grade movies just to get MONIEz with no regard for any lasting impact or anything really.

If somebody honestly thinks that poorly regarding their Customers. than really they deserve to fail of course I would feel bad for everyone involved all the people doing the real work but man, do the Execs irritate me.

Still, if Wonder is good I'll see it.

If not than I definitely won't see it not after BVS that's for sure.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: g2vd on Dec 07, 2016, 02:45:58 AM

Oh I certainly don't. really I hate being Mean-Spirited I prefer much more positive fun attitudes but if these many leaks are to be believed, many of the Execs at Warner's think of their customers as cash cows that give them money and are perfectly fine dishing out inferior grade movies just to get MONIEz with no regard for any lasting impact or anything really.

If somebody honestly thinks that poorly regarding their Customers. than really they deserve to fail of course I would feel bad for everyone involved all the people doing the real work but man, do the Execs irritate me.

Still, if Wonder is good I'll see it.

If not than I definitely won't see it not after BVS that's for sure.

Gotcha - now I understand.

I think if the WB execs are guilty of anything its greed-over-good (something we can level at most if not all studios to be fair). That said, I don't think anyone was setting out to make an intentionally bad movie.

IF they'd allowed Snyder to release the "Extended Cut" as opposed to the more-bums-on-seats theatrical cut, I think that the reaction to the movie would have been much more positive. It makes a hell of a lot more sense.

One of the things I think Snyder is guilty of (I love him for it) is too much fan service. To really appreciate BvS you have to be a bit of a DC nerd - and I think a lot of that stuff is really confusing for your casual movie-goer.

As I've said before - the thing about all these movies so far is that people talk about them and continue to talk about them long after the theatrical and dvd releases. They're interesting, divisive, sure - but they generate a lot of talk which I think is great.

I've got Suicide Squad for an xmas gift (I tried to get my daughter into the cinema and the guy wanted ID for her. Busted) so I'm really looking forward to that.

Haha, Snyder you legend:

ace3g

harlequinade

harlequinade

Quote from: Russ on Dec 15, 2016, 09:40:47 AM
Megan Fox is in the frame for Poison Ivy:

http://screenrant.com/gotham-city-sirens-megan-fox-poison-ivy/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

Good lets not waste any good actress on this. Ayer is directing so this movie is doomed

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I dont think she's the right fit for Ivy. Dont know why. But then again i didnt like the choice of Will Smith as DeadShot and i was proven wrong lol

Russ

Russ

Its indicative that they're going to amp up Ivy's sexy... unless they're going to play her against type and have Ivy as hard core eco warrior? I doubt it though!

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 15, 2016, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: Russ on Dec 15, 2016, 09:40:47 AM
Megan Fox is in the frame for Poison Ivy:

http://screenrant.com/gotham-city-sirens-megan-fox-poison-ivy/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

Good lets not waste any good actress on this. Ayer is directing so this movie is doomed

Ayer is a hit and miss director but when he hits there aren't many out there who can do better. Fury, End of Watch and Harsh Times are great, he's made 3 great and 3 bad films. Besides Suicide Squad stinks of studio interference.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed