Popular things you don't get

Started by Ratchetcomand, Apr 18, 2013, 08:41:55 PM

Author
Popular things you don't get (Read 74,352 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Cvalda

Cvalda

Saying they all suck would be snobbery.

Saying the prequels suck is just being sensible.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2013, 03:55:50 AM
Quote from: Aspie on May 20, 2013, 03:34:57 AM
Star Wars

Just never got the appeal. I guess it was amazing at the time, but when grouped in the moden era, I don't see or get the magic.

I kinda agree with you. I acknowledge the film's amazing special effects work and that is really why it's so important as far as film history goes. But I never became that involved with the characters aside from Luke and Vader..

Yeah...Luke and Vader it is :P

I also cannot stand the score for the most part. It just....ahhhhhh it's nails on chalkboard stuff.

BANE

BANE

Ok, f**k right off and inside out.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on May 20, 2013, 03:58:21 AM
I also cannot stand the score for the most part. It just....ahhhhhh it's nails on chalkboard stuff.
Okay, now this is stupid.

Aspie

Aspie

Maybe it's because I've heard it so many times. But it just...AHHHHH it just annoys me now.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Star Wars

Just never got the appeal. I guess it was amazing at the time, but when grouped in the moden era, I don't see or get the magic.

I kinda agree with you. I acknowledge the film's amazing special effects work and that is really why it's so important as far as film history goes. But I never became that involved with the characters aside from Luke and Vader..

I wouldn't go that far but I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I much prefer the Star Trek theme. Hell, I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars period.

BANE

BANE

I'll chalk this down to some side effect of the Asperger's, because it just doesn't make sense.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2013, 04:01:12 AM
Star Wars

I wouldn't go that far but I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I much prefer the Star Trek theme. Hell, I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars period.
::) ::) ::)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on May 20, 2013, 04:00:00 AM
Maybe it's because I've heard it so many times. But it just...AHHHHH it just annoys me now.
It IS overplayed too much.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: BANE on May 20, 2013, 04:01:37 AM
I'll chalk this down to some side effect of the Asperger's, because it just doesn't make sense.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2013, 04:01:12 AM
Star Wars

::) ::) ::)

Star Trek > Star Wars

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2013, 03:57:55 AM
Saying they all suck would be snobbery.

Saying the prequels suck is just being sensible.
I just wanted a chance to bring Monocole Winona back.  :D

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2013, 04:02:12 AM
Star Trek > Star Wars

At what, exactly? It does nothing better. At all.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on May 20, 2013, 04:00:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLLvvF3j7Fk#

The scores are the best thing about those films.

Even if the theme is basically a straight rewrite of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V47enEvsafQ#

Aspie

Aspie

Don't get me wrong BANE and Cvalda, the score fits perfect with the movie, but I've heard it so many times I have seem to have developed a mental intolerance for it.

SM

SM

Is that what you call it?

QuoteAt what, exactly? It does nothing better. At all.

Trek does a better job of being boring a lot of the time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed